MacBook Air "Favorites/Bookmarks"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MacBook Air "Favorites/Bookmarks"

I recently goofed something up on my MacBook desktop page while searching for a family video. Now, instead of my favorite items being displayed as icons on my desktop page, they are listed at the left of the page, after I click on Safari then select favorites. How can I restore the icons instead of the "listing" of favorites. Not sure I'm explaining this correctly - the web pages that I Bookmark are going on a list and not to my desktop page as an icon. (I don't want them on the Dock). I would like to click on Safari and see my desktop page full of icons again - I find it much quicker to spot a distinctive icon than read through a list of them.
    I'm only semi-computer literate and have tried to resolve this numerous ways, including google and YouTube.
    Thanks for any suggestions!

On my Air (2020 running Catalina 10.15.6 and Safari 13.1.2), I can make the left side list go away by clicking Hide Sidebar in the View menu. I can bring up the Favorites icons again using Show Favorites in the Bookmarks menu. (The View and Bookmarks menus are along the very top edge of the screen in the main program tool bar.)
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I tried it and still getting list favorites not icons. I did however see that I had not installed the updates,so will try that. By the way do you know if “tabs” are the same as”icons”, as that term was used when I tried to get the icons.

Comment

Working...
      X