Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Office Chairs

Hello everyone,

I’m looking for a general consensus. For those who work in an office environment, do you work from your wheelchair or do you transfer to some type of office chair? I work 8 plus hours a day in my wheelchair and though there would be some inconvenience with transferring, I feel a regular office chair would be more comfortable in the long run. Thoughts?

facing the same issue. I'm not finding much information on this. Looks like most work from their chair. I might just buy an office chair and see how it goes. I'll keep you posted

Comment

I would caution you about using a regular office chair as it is most unlikely that it would provide the type of pressure reduction/management you need to prevent pressure ulcers, especially when sitting at a computer for hours.

(KLD)
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I also work in an office environment and find it much more comfortable sitting in an office chair than in my wheelchair. I either pull my seat cushion off my wheelchair and set it on the office chair, or use a spare wheelchair cushion I have.
        My wheelchair has a very low backrest so I've found I slouch too much if I use it at my desk. My office chair is usually reclined so that my back is fully supported.

Comment

Originally posted by DarcySB View Post
          I also work in an office environment and find it much more comfortable sitting in an office chair than in my wheelchair. I either pull my seat cushion off my wheelchair and set it on the office chair, or use a spare wheelchair cushion I have.
          My wheelchair has a very low backrest so I've found I slouch too much if I use it at my desk. My office chair is usually reclined so that my back is fully supported.
          can you share the chair you're using or a similar model and what's important to keep in mind when looking for an office chair?

Comment

I transfer from my wheelchair to my office chair. Throughout the day Iwill transfer from one to the other. Sitting too long in either one of them gets real uncomfortable for me.

Comment

I'll start a separate thread since I'm looking for different features, but will mention it here to capture those who have expressed some interest in chairs. I'm looking for an adjustable height armless chair that does not roll or swivel. I want it to be stable for transfers but not necessarily safe for long term sitting. The user will be in it only 10-15 minutes. This is for use in a rock climbing gym. The adjustable height is so users of various wheelchairs can always transfer downhill.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal View Post

can you share the chair you're using or a similar model and what's important to keep in mind when looking for an office chair?
                https://www.staples.ca/products/2938...er-look-fabric
                I can't find a link for the exact chair I bought, but this one is somewhat similar - high back and fixed armrests. I wouldn't get another one with fixed armrests, because I find they're not at the right height in relation to the seat, especially since I add my wheelchair seat cushion to the office chair.

Comment

Working...
                X