carecure performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carecure performance

seems to me that the new website when you click on various options take significantly longer than before.

anybody else feel the same?

The site is running software 10-12 years newer than it was running before. While the hardware is comparable (better in some senses), the latest version of the software is asking way more of it than the old now unsupported versions of vBulletin used to.

We're tracking performance metrics on the backend and have made several measurable improvements, in time to first byte and page load times particularly, as well as a hand full of out right technical bugs. Most of the noticeable slow page transitions are happening at certain times during batch jobs vBulletin requires to be run twice an hour. The stats are proving useful to keep an objective eye on things.

Its something the technical volunteers are focused on as one of the top priorities. We've got some plans brewing behind the scenes to make another step forward hopefully in the not too distant future.
    Last edited by Oddity; 06-21-2020, 08:49 PM.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Comment

I hesitated to point this out, but bringing up a thread is glacial in normal timeframes.
      "New Posts" turns over much faster now though!
      69yo male T12 complete since 1995
      NW NJ

Comment

It's been a mixed bag for me. Some things seem to operate more smoothly, others a little bit more slowly. All in all much better!

The one thing that drives me crazy is when I'm posting a response, if I go back and edit something in my response and I write a space my phone kind of auto types words while deleting other ones, and moves the cursor around on me. Hard to describe without experiencing it! Not sure if it's something on the server side, or here on my Android phone.

But as I said, the new site is so much better than the old one. Thanks to the team for all their hard work!
        C5/6 complete (maybe) circa June 2018

Comment

Originally posted by crags View Post
          seems to me that the new website when you click on various options take significantly longer than before.

anybody else feel the same?
          Dont have issues with page load but the font is so small and minimal really with is was more bold and stood out!

Comment

I hope folks have noticed the page transitions are a bit snappier now. OldGrumpyDad tweaked the backend a bit more and its quicker!
            "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Comment

They are much quicker, thanks OGD!

Comment

Yes it does seem to be improved, thxs!
                "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
                T5/6 complete

Comment

Today is kinda laggy for some reason. Has been much better recently though. Big thanks to tech volunteer OldGrumpyDad
                  Last edited by Oddity; 06-29-2020, 01:22 PM.

Comment

You may want to try the Iridium browser. It uses the Chrome engine and has all of Chrome's sandboxing and security features. The bonus with Iridium is that it's very fast because it does not waste time tracking for ad purposes, nor do you need to install an ad blocker.
                    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
                    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
                    ––Paul Nussbaum
                    usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

Fyi-
                      Attached Files

Comment

I cannot find any evidence that using the Iridium Browser poses any risk to the Mac or Windows operating system. My one criticism with the Iridium browser is that there is no simple way to update to the next build. I want to make sure that my browsers are always on the current build. I plan to continue using the Iridium Browser on the CareCure website. There is a noticeable speed increase compared to Chrome or Firefox.

How to install on macOS?

1.) Download the installer file from iridiumbrowser.de.
                        2.) Save the .dmg file to your computer and open it.

Please note:
                        Iridium Browser is currently signed but not notarized by Apple. Therefore you will need to update your security settings to allow installing Iridium Browser.
                        In “System Preferences”, click “Security & Privacy”, then click “General”.
                        Click the “lock” and enter your password to make changes.
                        Select “App Store and identified developers” under the header “Allow apps downloaded from”.
                        Further details can be found at Apple support.
                        https://iridiumbrowser.de/downloads/macos
                        Last edited by PN; 07-02-2020, 07:28 PM.
                        The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
                        --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
                        ––Paul Nussbaum
                        usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                        X