Fixing the bells and whistles for my AMD build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing the bells and whistles for my AMD build

My first ever build with an AMD chip but couldn't resist 12 cores and 24 threads. The motherboard has 1.7 GB per second Wi-Fi and the guy who put together talked me into 32 GB on the motherboard instead of 64.

My first Microsoft machine was the 1 megahertz and 4.7 in turbo mode with 1 MB of RAM because I believed "you needed more than 640 K".

It had a monochrome video card and the Sound Blaster sound card. Now my CPU has more memory in its cache than the total of my first machine.

Usually don't buy a video card and ran it off the CPU and motherboard. However, now that I watch streaming video, purchased a video card with 4 GB of GDDR so it would not be burdening the CPU. It's totally passive and sells for $499 at Amazon.com, however I bought it off of Amazon.uk for $150.

Just had to do a little bit of bragging :-)

Component Selection
    CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor
    CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12A 60.09 CFM CPU Cooler
    Thermal Comp ARCTIC MX4 4 g Thermal Paste
    Motherboard Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4
    Memory Patriot Viper Steel 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-4400 Memory
    Memory Patriot Viper Steel 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-4400 Memory
    Storage Sabrent Rocket HTSK 4.0 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State
    Video Card Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB KalmX Video Card
    Case be quiet! Pure Base 600 ATX Mid Tower Case
    Power Supply Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular
    Optical Drive LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
    Case Fan Noctua NF-S12A PWM chromax.black.swap 63.27 CFM 120
    Front Panel KINGWIN 7 USB 3.0 Port Hub For 5.25” 1 IQ Charging Hub

Today's search showed no Palit GTX 1050 Ti KalmX cards on Amazon's ".co.uk" site. Was the card listed as the only one, or used, when you purchased the card?

Comment

That's a helluva processor. Once China gets back up and running and I can find a decent monitor again I'm probably gonna build a 3700x with an RTX 2070 super.

Comment

Originally posted by WC_Sage View Post
        Today's search showed no Palit GTX 1050 Ti KalmX cards on Amazon's ".co.uk" site. Was the card listed as the only one, or used, when you purchased the card?
        Nvidia is not produced in the United States only in Great Britain nowadays. Any Nvidia Palit passive card is unavailable in the US or at least on Amazon.Com. Believe this model is no longer manufactured, the reviews for the card are in March 2017.

Was searching for violent video cards and somehow wound up on Amazon.uk and bought it, brand-new and do not know about being the only one, but this is what was purchased:

Order Confirmation
        Order #202-5126857-8277910
        Hello,

Thanks for your order. We’ll let you know once your item(s) have dispatched. Your estimated delivery date is indicated below. You can view the status of your order or make changes to it by visiting Your Orders on Amazon.co.uk.

Arriving:
        Saturday, March 21 -
        Thursday, March 26

Your delivery option:
        AmazonGlobal Standard

Order Details

Your order will be sent to:
        my name.
        My address
        my city and state, ZIP Code
        United States
        Order Details
        Order #202-5126857-8277910
        Placed on March 13, 2020
        Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX 4 GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card - Black,114150
        Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

?129.99
        Item Subtotal: ?129.99
        Postage & Packing: ?8.36

Order Total: ?138.35
        USD 175.92*
        Selected Payment Method: Visa

If you use a mobile device, you can receive notifications about the delivery of your package and track it from our free Amazon app.

We hope to see you again soon. Amazon.com

Current link for the video card of Amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/Palit-GeForce...01N3CC5DU?th=1

Comment

Originally posted by funklab View Post
          That's a helluva processor. Once China gets back up and running and I can find a decent monitor again I'm probably gonna build a 3700x with an RTX 2070 super.
          Had someone else build this computer for me because it's been more than six months and I'm obsolete. Have no idea what was new and current in the computer world and don't have the time for the research.

So just gave my basic requirements and had him do it for me, he recommended the AMD Ryzen chip, instead of the Intel 10 series.

Have had three Roku monitors and this 75" was $800 delivered from Amazon. Hopefully will be able to read it from when on the wall at the foot of my hospital bed.

Comment

Working...
          X