Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What types of phone and tablet holders do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What types of phone and tablet holders do you use?

I have been wheeling around for 15 years carrying my phone or iPad on my lap. When I just bought my last chair I saw quantum rehab had device holders and it got me thinking. One time I tried a clamp type flexible holder but it would always come loose and fall off.
    whats everyone use? The prices quantum were trying to charge blew my mind. I am thinking I can build one for about 30 dollars now that I have been thinking about it. Maybe I?ll try to sell some on eBay ��

Ram Mount has components you can use to build holders with different attachment options. Their website has a few wheelchair options.
    "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and other people may not be able to tell the difference."

Comment

Again ridiculously overpriced. 200 dollars for a power chair tablet holder?

Comment

Originally posted by cementhead View Post
        I have been wheeling around for 15 years carrying my phone or iPad on my lap. When I just bought my last chair I saw quantum rehab had device holders and it got me thinking. One time I tried a clamp type flexible holder but it would always come loose and fall off.
        whats everyone use? The prices quantum were trying to charge blew my mind. I am thinking I can build one for about 30 dollars now that I have been thinking about it. Maybe I?ll try to sell some on eBay ��

Doesn't sound like your new to mobility ??

But 2nd post about how much things cost??

1st mistake was you said you just got a new Pride chair...now most chairs are funded at $30,000 plus you should have talked to the Pride rep to throw in a free phone or tablet holder to close the deal.

Manufactures dont want to let a chair go over a few dollars on a comp item!

Its not rocket science to know that to be disabled cost a lot so be creative and look at ways to re purpose things.

Look to the bicycle industry as things that can be refitted to fit you chair and then once you find something search on ebay to get it cheaper!

https://www.ebay.com/i/163859249889?...YaAo8NEALw_wcB

Comment

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RAM-MOUNT-M...AAAOSw7gleUaPU

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/Arkon-TAB086-...71198541&psc=1

Comment

I have a clamp on type mount. It’s garbage. Constantly comes loose no matter how tight you make it. As far as negotiations on pricing I have not had much luck. I live out in the boonies and it’s hard to find providers in my area to (bid) on items. I’ve got a Medicare supplemental at least so my out of pocket is zero dollars on approved items. I tried negotiating the elevated seat on my current chair and talked them down a whopping 700 dollars of msrp. 30,000 dollar chair and they couldn’t throw in the seat elevator.
              I am working on modifying a clamp on one now to permanently attach it. Problem is nobody comes around nowadays so it’s on the back burner.
              also I got a free cup holder lol so I gues that’s something.
              Anyways I’m sick of every transaction I make being like I’m at a car dealer and trying to negotiate. It’s frustrating and exhausting. That’s why I still carry my crap on my lap. To many necessary items I have to pay for and deal with.

Comment

I stole the ball mount from a spring clamp made by modularhose.com and remounted it to a small piece of steel L stock, which I then mounted directly to the underarm track system on my Permobil. Then it was easy to mount a length of the modular hose flexible tubing to it, and to a mounting disc at the end of it. For what it's worth, I ended up using Very High Bond tape by 3M to attach an iOttie iTap wireless magnetic phone charger, and it has held my Galaxy S8+ pretty reliably. Not sure I would trust it with a tablet, though.
                C5/6 complete (maybe) circa June 2018

Comment

Originally posted by ejl10 View Post
                  I stole the ball mount from a spring clamp made by modularhose.com and remounted it to a small piece of steel L stock, which I then mounted directly to the underarm track system on my Permobil. Then it was easy to mount a length of the modular hose flexible tubing to it, and to a mounting disc at the end of it. For what it's worth, I ended up using Very High Bond tape by 3M to attach an iOttie iTap wireless magnetic phone charger, and it has held my Galaxy S8+ pretty reliably. Not sure I would trust it with a tablet, though.
                  Pics?

Comment

I should have known you'd ask for this... The new forum has given us new tools! apologies for the relatively low quality, I'm still trying to figure out how to hold my phone stably and still take a picture.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Where did you get your wheelchair bag?

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01CJ...b_b_asin_title

Comment

Working...
                        X