Copy and Paste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copy and Paste

Lately when I've been doing some art/drawing stuff using MS Paint and I go to copy and paste, the pasted segment doesn't stay in memory. One factor, sometimes, is the size of the selection. If you select a large section of pixels there is no problem but when the selection is small it often won't stay "coped". The "Paste" button lights up for a split second and then fades back to gray. The strange thing is if I close a running app/processes using the task manager, the copy and paste starts working again for a few minutes, then it stops again. If I restart the computer it works again but only temporarily.

Anyone have an idea what causes this?

That is odd. Have you noticed how much RAM is in use through the task manager? I'm wondering if there's a memory leak.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Comment

At the moment, I'm using 44% of my 16 gigs of ram, and my copy and paste is working.

Comment

Okay, so that's a good start. Let's see what that's at if, or when, it happens again.
        Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Comment

Stopped again and I'm using 41% of my ram. Doesn't make sense that only large sections of copied matter stays in memory.

Comment

It must be the MS Paint program because I'm not having any problems with Paint 3D. Weird...

Comment

Working...
            X