Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazon Fire Stick control

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Amazon Fire Stick control

    I received an Amazon Fire Stick for Christmas but I have a problem with the remote control. The remote itself doesn't have a flat bottom, so when I push a button it rocks back and forth. I use an Android emulator on my laptop and I downloaded the app to control the stick but it uses a circular swipe motion to move things around the TV screen. Trying to control it using head movements is damn near impossible due to sensitivity.

    Does anyone know of an app that will control the screen functions that has buttons instead of swiping?

  • #2
    Just download the application on your iPhone or android. It's called Amazon fire TV – duh
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

    Comment


    • #3
      You apparently didn't read my entire post. I did download that app, but the directional buttons are a circular feature that are extremely difficult to control when using a head mouse. I need one with arrow buttons.

      Comment


      • #4
        Just wondering if some kind of flat backing could be glued or Velcro-ed to the back of the Amazon Fire remote. Maybe a piece of thin wood attached across from side to side, or a square of plastic (like a lid for a small leftover container).
        But in all honesty, the manufacturer is an idiot for a design that takes two hands to push a button.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by triumph View Post
          Just wondering if some kind of flat backing could be glued or Velcro-ed to the back of the Amazon Fire remote. Maybe a piece of thin wood attached across from side to side, or a square of plastic (like a lid for a small leftover container).
          But in all honesty, the manufacturer is an idiot for a design that takes two hands to push a button.
          Why would you use the remote if you can use a phone application? But I agree the remote is terrible
          C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
            I received an Amazon Fire Stick for Christmas but I have a problem with the remote control. The remote itself doesn't have a flat bottom, so when I push a button it rocks back and forth. I use an Android emulator on my laptop and I downloaded the app to control the stick but it uses a circular swipe motion to move things around the TV screen. Trying to control it using head movements is damn near impossible due to sensitivity.

            Does anyone know of an app that will control the screen functions that has buttons instead of swiping?

            How about voice control...? We use Google mini and chrome cast and can use simple voice commands to select content.

            Older amazon fire sticks don't have it but if its newer modem it will have a voice button. If your not able to push it might look at adding a echo dot and use hands free voice control?

            Comment


            • #7
              Have you seen this??

              https://sesame-enable.com

              Comment


              • #8
                My dad made a thick rubber pad with a cut out for the remote which makes it easier to use but it occasionally twists. I don't use a phone to use the android app, I use an android emulator program on my laptop. If the app was better designed and the emulator worked flawlessly, I wouldn't need the actual remote. Trying to navigate (up, down, left, right) the app using the head mouse is practically impossible, so I use the remote when I need to navigate and the app for pause, play, stop, etc.. My phone which I rarely ever use is just an inexpensive small screen type that would be even more difficult to use. The app utilizes voice control but if you're watching stuff on Durex (hacked Fire Stick) voice control won't search for titles on it, just on Amazon.

                Really, all I need is an app that has arrow buttons... why is that so hard for Amazon to understand? grr... anyway... that's it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Plus that app is $239 a year so after 30 years that is over $7000 dollars
                  So I am guessing you have given Amazon some feedback on the remote? Or is there even a place to do that? I do not know how many people would have to do that before they might start thinking about that...

                  Originally posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
                  My dad made a thick rubber pad with a cut out for the remote which makes it easier to use but it occasionally twists. I don't use a phone to use the android app, I use an android emulator program on my laptop. If the app was better designed and the emulator worked flawlessly, I wouldn't need the actual remote. Trying to navigate (up, down, left, right) the app using the head mouse is practically impossible, so I use the remote when I need to navigate and the app for pause, play, stop, etc.. My phone which I rarely ever use is just an inexpensive small screen type that would be even more difficult to use. The app utilizes voice control but if you're watching stuff on Durex (hacked Fire Stick) voice control won't search for titles on it, just on Amazon.

                  Really, all I need is an app that has arrow buttons... why is that so hard for Amazon to understand? grr... anyway... that's it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The Firestick app is free and Amazon Prime is just $100 a year. I was going to give feedback on the Firestick but because I didn't buy it myself, there is no product feedback link. I have tried contacting Amazon about things in the past but without a order number, getting a hold of them is damn near impossible.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Do you guys really think Amazon gives a shit what you think of the remotes? They are a multi billion dollar company, their fire TVs and fire sticks are selling like fresh cookies.
                      I myself bought over 6 of them and installed kodi to watch free content
                      C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Mac85 View Post
                        Do you guys really think Amazon gives a shit what you think of the remotes? They are a multi billion dollar company, their fire TVs and fire sticks are selling like fresh cookies.
                        I myself bought over 6 of them and installed kodi to watch free content
                        Good for you.....

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Whether they give a shit or not, is not the point. I wanna bitch at them for an ill-conceived design.

                          I've got kodi as well, but when it takes 45 minutes to find a movie that actually streams, I'm too flustered to relax and enjoy it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
                            The Firestick app is free and Amazon Prime is just $100 a year. I was going to give feedback on the Firestick but because I didn't buy it myself, there is no product feedback link. I have tried contacting Amazon about things in the past but without a order number, getting a hold of them is damn near impossible.
                            I was talking about the app Rollpositive posted a video about costing so much. I Purchased a fire stick so I will see if I can leave any feedback or contact them even though I know Amazon is a huge company that does not give a shit about anyone, or so I have been told...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by djrolling View Post
                              I was talking about the app Rollpositive posted a video about costing so much. I Purchased a fire stick so I will see if I can leave any feedback or contact them even though I know Amazon is a huge company that does not give a shit about anyone, or so I have been told...
                              Oh okay... gotcha. Good luck, perhaps you'll reach a welcoming ear.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X