Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google Chrome voice recognition, can it replace Dragon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Chrome voice recognition, can it replace Dragon?

Can the voice recognition program that is built into Google Chrome be set up to operate a computer in the same way Dragon Naturally Speaking, or Microsoft?s Speech Recognition programs do? I am currently using the Windows 7 version of Speech Recognition, with a headset, for all computer operations.

I installed Google Chrome and opened their document program, turned on the built-in speech recognition, and began to dictate. The accuracy of Google Chrome?s speech recognition shocked me, it is simply stunning. I had to force it to create an error. The program transcribed my words accurately as fast as I can speak, and without training. Trouble is, the Google Chrome does not appear to be fully compatible with Microsoft Speech. I can open Google Chrome but I cannot get Speech to recognize any of the sub commands. If I want to use it I have to enter the commands manually with a keyboard. Does anyone have any experience getting these two programs to interface? Or, can Google Chrome be set up to replace the other programs?

I am a C5/6 quad and have been using Microsoft?s voice recognition programs for years. Dragon 12, was the last version of Naturally Speaking I have tried, however, I have never had the patience to train it. My computer is my word processor, Home Entertainment System, and my Home Environmental Control Center. Thank you in advance for your input.
Working...
X