firefox /chrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

firefox /chrome

what do yallprefer to search from out of those my internet explorer is really slow and crappy anymore could i download both or would that mess something up
    if i do one or the other do i make them my default search engine also

thanks
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

It's a tossup, I use chrome because I have everything in google,google hang out,google voice not to mention internet explorer very vulnerable to hackers. That said anything will be better.
    "Yesterday's History,Tomorrow's a Mystery"

Comment

Most of the time (95%), I use Chrome. When something doesn't run correctly, I use Firefox. I only use Microsoft Edge to earn my Bing Reward program points.

Comment

I changed over to Firefox years ago, and still prefer it to Safari (I use a Mac at home) or to the IE I used at work.

(KLD)
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

thanks im gonna try them both

Comment

I was a diehard chrome user until about a year ago. It has gotten bloated and slow, I switched over to firefox and it is not noticeably faster but does take less memory. This may be because I am on windows 10, but I have seen similar things on my Ubuntu machine.

Comment

I use Firefox & Pale Moon.
              firefox vs pale moon - Google Search

Comment

Firefox and Chrome are browsers, you can use different search engines in either. I use firefox and opera and avoid most things google, I use duckduckgo for a search engine. I just hate seeing all those google processes running. Another thing most of you don't realize, google links up across all platforms... I used googleplay to buy an app over an android device a few years back, TORQUE for reading OBD2 for vehicles. Have NEVER used it on a computer. I just went to download it to a newer droid device and used the windows side of a computer to try to get it first. It automaGIKALLY paid for it with my paypal account... needless to say I changed my paypal info and done away with google play...

https://www.facebook.com/john.baxter.1213986

Comment

Always preferred Chrome for its handy extensions but T8 is right that it's been slower than molasses and problematic within the last year.
                  Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Originally posted by CapnGimp View Post
                    Firefox and Chrome are browsers, you can use different search engines in either. I use firefox and opera and avoid most things google, I use duckduckgo for a search engine. I just hate seeing all those google processes running. Another thing most of you don't realize, google links up across all platforms... I used googleplay to buy an app over an android device a few years back, TORQUE for reading OBD2 for vehicles. Have NEVER used it on a computer. I just went to download it to a newer droid device and used the windows side of a computer to try to get it first. It automaGIKALLY paid for it with my paypal account... needless to say I changed my paypal info and done away with google play...
                    Firefox has the the ability to synchronize bookmarks, login info and cookies across devices. It is not as "in your face" as chrome is, which asks you to login to your google account when you install it. That being said, on chrome you don't have to sync anything across devices, or you can choose to sync only the lhings you want (like only bookmarks but no login info like pay pal). Firefox also has a mobile browser which I use on my iPhone instead of Safari.

Android devices are very linked into your google account and you need to review what you want synced from your phone to your desktop.

Comment

firefox seems to be a good choice so far

Comment

Is anyone using the NoScript extension with Firefox? It seems complicated to a low knowledge person.
                        Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Comment

I've used NoScript with Firefox for years. I did not find it too complex. After listening to security expert Steve Gibson, I decided to replace NoScript for uBlock Origin. I do not think you would find uBlock Origin to be easier to use than NoScript.
                          The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
                          --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
                          ––Paul Nussbaum
                          usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

I have NoScript in Seamonkey (the stable Mozilla branch). I don't use the volatile Firefox. I do however also use Chrome. In GNU/Linux and Mac I don't have to be worried about Idiot Exploiter.

In NoScript as a rule I only allow JavaScript for the same domain as the website. If the site is still broken I contact the webmaster. If a site depends on flash then it too is broken so I also contact webmaster. Remove flash as it is a well known back door.

Technically no site should ever depend on JavaScript. If your site does you might find blinkies who use Lynx or Edbrowse inserting their white canes in you.
                            http://zagam.net/

Comment

Originally posted by PN View Post
                              I've used NoScript with Firefox for years. I did not find it too complex. After listening to security expert Steve Gibson, I decided to replace NoScript for uBlock Origin. I do not think you would find uBlock Origin to be easier to use than NoScript.
                              I like uBlock with Firefox...so much faster than without. I also use Chrome but mainly for the Google Suite functions because the school district I work in just switched over to Google.

Comment

Working...
                              X