No announcement yet.

Help with buying a laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I stay plugged in and keep my current laptop on an overbed table in a tilted position for better vision and cooling. I'll look at the 6th gen i5 and see what's available, thanks.

Comment

Cheapest and easiest way to speed up your system performance is to install SSD drive and or extra RAM. I have 16 MB but it's been about 5 years since I built a new box.
      Last edited by Cris; 05-06-2016, 12:47 PM.

Comment

My current laptop RAM is maxed out, but I'm not gonna put out $150-200 for a SSD for this old laptop... maybe the next.

Comment

Honestly, At the rate computers are multiplying in ability, I think it's ALMOST a waste of money to buy one new. I don't know where you live but around me there are a ton of used laptop shops where I can find a touchscreen Intel i5 for @ 300 bucks. Not to mention the tons of deals on craigslist, especially at the end of the month when some people need money to pay bills. I do, however, live in a College town. I would seriously think about shopping around for a lil bit, if you can. Even a Pawn shop might be a good option. Plus all the used laptop shops and pawn shops . offer at LEAST a 1 month warranty, so you know that you are not buying a lemon. Just a thought. Hope you find what you want.
          Has it been five years yet? ..........

Comment

Also: Check out the site slickdeals.com A lot of IT/computer guys use it as their homepage because there are so many great deals on it on a daily/hourly basis. I am sure you can find a GREAT laptop on that site within a week for under 300 bucks.
            Has it been five years yet? ..........

Comment

woot.com has many refurbished laptops of all brands,if you're comfortable with that.woot is affiliated with amazon.

Comment

something like this should work great for next few years, wait till its back in stock http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-NV...1e78d837670INT
                c6/7 incomplete 6/30/07

whats that smell? its me, cause im the shit.

если я сейчас умру то нахуй я родился

Comment

I bought an Acer from Walmart and plan to add a 16gb stick of RAM in it shortly.
                  http://www.walmart.com/ip/51708809

Thanks for the feedback...

Comment

get mac if you can afford it they are the best by far!!! Microsoft is laden with viruses and always will be!!!
                    T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009

Comment

Working...
                    X