No announcement yet.

Windows 10 upgrade woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know why I keep having to restart my computer after upgrading to Win 10? Connection will work then randomly different websites don't. I checked and it says I have all updates. Thanks.

Comment

I like windows 7 much better than Win 8. I will not be upgrading.

Comment

Purchased a new Gateway PC with 8.1 in September and downloaded 10 last week but slowed everything to a crawl. Turns out that Gateway has not updated a driver to handle 10. Had to return to 8.1 and now we need to wait for Gateway.
        Glad things worked out SCI55.
        C 5/6 Comp.
        No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by garvey View Post
          Love to know how you like working with Win 10. From what I've read, it seems the transition from 7 to 10 is the most logical and least painful.
          I keep reading that enterprises upgrading from Win 7 should just skip over Win 8 and go right to 10.

Good luck - I'll be hiding in the wagon!
          To me W-10 seems to be Windows 7 with some cosmetic changes. This was an upgrade from W7. Do not waste your time with 8. The need to upgrade to 10 stems from Microsoft's announcement that they are discontinuing updates, including security fixes, in February 2016 to lower versions. Also, the upgrade will not be available free after that.
          You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
          http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
          http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
            It appears that you were right. I had a good bit of time to play around with the problem yesterday. I got a good book and sat by the computer reading while I gave the download upgrade another try before resorting to a usb drive upgrade. In about 2.5 hours it was installed. I had to do a bit of tweaking to get connected to our network, but that was it.

Thanks to all who joined in on the challenge.
            Ya I had windows 10 for 2 days...then the major upgrade and a lot things changed....like trying to find things again was moved elsewere. Windows 10 really wants to control you that's for sure....had a lot of problems finding internet 11....sometimes there it is sometimes you can't find it....Last time I found it pin it to your taskbar and then it stays.
            The email is my real problem with no real solution for it yet.
            Art

Comment

Once you downloaded it and if you like it you really need to do a clean install...even if you go back to 8 or 7 after the upgrade from what I read you need to do a clean install to which you had.
              I really do like windows 10 cortana.....saves some time with all that clicking stuff.
              Just hope they fix email program is all...they went way backwards on that...its so primitive in windows 10.
              Thunderbird won't even support it from what I could find out and they not even gonna try.
              Art

Comment

The bright people a MS added an extra click to shut down with W10. I don't think I will live long enough to see a one click off button/icon. lol
                You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
                http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
                http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

if you have a laptop set it up in close the top down it shuts off. What I do....then it no clicking just close the lid.
                  Art

Comment

Finally you can use Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 now. Search it on google....you need to download some network frame thing I think it was 3.5 then you can install mail....configure it....it works.....lol
                    Art

Comment

You need to login to this security issues with Windows 10 and Microsoft logging everything that you do. Part of EULA states:

"We will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to protect our customers or enforce the terms governing the use of the services."

You can read the whole story here
                      C4 incomplete since 1985

Comment

Working...
                      X