coding quadriplegics using voice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coding quadriplegics using voice

Any quads out there code using voice? I want to learn python, but typing with a typing stick and shift key operation is a pain/slow. Anyone use voice? I watched a video of a guy that's coding via voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SkdfdXWYaI

Is this the only option?
    www.myquadriplegia.com

What IDE are you using? PyCharm has great autocomplete/IntelliSense that makes coding more efficient.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Honcho View Post
      What IDE are you using? PyCharm has great autocomplete/IntelliSense that makes coding more efficient.
      I will give that a try. Looking at VIM and Emacs too.
      www.myquadriplegia.com

Comment

I'm using Sublime. Emmet is a time saver. Voice Rec can make formating a pain.

Comment

not coding friendly, ur typing will improve, i 1 finger pek as quick as most of my IT colleagues type with 2 good hands

Comment

if I didn't have to hit the shift key for uppercase characters, it would go faster--that's what makes it most difficult. Otherwise, I'm ok with a typing stick in one hand.
            www.myquadriplegia.com

Comment

Originally posted by ouch View Post
              if I didn't have to hit the shift key for uppercase characters, it would go faster--that's what makes it most difficult. Otherwise, I'm ok with a typing stick in one hand.
              Do you use Sticky keys?

Comment

Working...
              X