Program/website to text from computer to phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Program/website to text from computer to phone

Hey, what's the best method to text from a comp to phone?

Thanks

Haven't looked into this lately, but it used to vary by service provider.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Comment

http://www.howstuffworks.com/e-mail-...s-computer.htm

http://www.ehow.com/how_5140350_text...-computer.html
      Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Comment

Google Voice.

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by -scott- View Post
            Google Voice.
            Ditto this. Its what I do.
            Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Comment

I personally use google voice because there isn't a fee involved and it works well.
              My Accessible Life blog
              https://www.myaccessiblelife.blogspot.com

JOIN me on twitter
              https://twitter.com/#!/myaccesiblelife

Facebook
              https://www.facebook.com/MyAccessibleLife

Comment

I've used Yahoo messenger to text phones, which is also free, but receiving return texts seems to be problematic occasionally. I think I'll try Google voice.
                Wheelchair users -- even high-level quads... WANNA BOWL?

I'm a C1-2 with a legit 255 high bowling game.

Comment

I use Verizon and I have used texting this way for several years through my Verizon account.

Regards.
                  Millard
                  ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne

Comment

ditto -Google voice
                    There's
                    No
                    Place

Comment

I actually have a Google tablet...might have to try this Google voice to see how that works. I am assuming this can be used on-board an Android smartphone also?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                        I actually have a Google tablet...might have to try this Google voice to see how that works. I am assuming this can be used on-board an Android smartphone also?
                        Yeah. My primary number is running through Google Voice; no one knows the number that was assigned through my carrier (including me – I'd have to look it up). GV integrates seamlessly on Android. I haven't tried it on a tablet w/o a cellular connection, but I'd imagine most features work aside from making calls. I bet that Google eventually integrates it w/ their Hangouts app.

Comment

Originally posted by -scott- View Post
                          Yeah. My primary number is running through Google Voice; no one knows the number that was assigned through my carrier (including me – I'd have to look it up). GV integrates seamlessly on Android. I haven't tried it on a tablet w/o a cellular connection, but I'd imagine most features work aside from making calls. I bet that Google eventually integrates it w/ their Hangouts app.
                          Ditto most of this as well. Except I do use the number thats attached to my phone, I use both but my google number is my primary one and my local one for my area. The other is a number I've had for 10 years. When a call comes in there's no way to tell if its coming through your google voice number (if you really wanted to know you could set it up to show your google voice number, but then you wouldn't see the actual number that was calling) and when I call it asks me which number I want to send the call from. You can set up one or the other as default, I'm sure thats what scott did. Since I use both numbers pretty regularly I prefer for it to ask every time.

I do have to click on the google voice app to see my texts, but they pop up in the notifications just the same as regular texts.
                          Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Comment

Working...
                          X