No announcement yet.

how do quads use computers in bed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currently I have an intranet with one PC that handles the CCTV’s (7) and X10 automation lights. Control them by remote login or PCAnywhere

My doorbell rings line 2 of my phone and acts as an intercom. Have a combination lock on front door and can let people in by opening the garage door with remote. There is one CCTV at my front door.

Dragon speak is installed with a Senheiser Microphone, though don’t use them like the keyboard and Kensington trackball.

Has a wireless HP All in one on intranet and Cannon Laser B&W printer..

Use it 90% while on my left side and may listen to book or TV Tuner fed by an antenna when laying on my back.

Subscribe to Netflix and WSJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Cris View Post
      Currently I have an intranet with one PC that handles the CCTV’s (7) and X10 automation lights. Control them by remote login or PCAnywhere

My doorbell rings line 2 of my phone and acts as an intercom. Have a combination lock on front door and can let people in by opening the garage door with remote. There is one CCTV at my front door.

Dragon speak is installed with a Senheiser Microphone, though don’t use them like the keyboard and Kensington trackball.

Has a wireless HP All in one on intranet and Cannon Laser B&W printer..

Use it 90% while on my left side and may listen to book or TV Tuner fed by an antenna when laying on my back.

Subscribe to Netflix and WSJ.
      Nice setup mate!

Comment

I got a pressure sore on one elbow; apparently Im needing some other way. Its getting better, but I had to cut down a lot. Im grounded until I get repaired again. Im going to get fat on predinisone, and still not even get to pig out. I gained weight after my blood clot, spent too many times sliding down the couch and pulling myself back up with my elbows. Im not diagnosed as a quad. I have a bad arm and hand though, and neck problems that make me look like a quad. about the same mobility as a "walking quad" so Im ok with responding.

Iv gotten a chromebook. I got the Samsung. It is tiny, terribly fast, cheap, and you can change positions, and actually use it easier because it is so light and also has no heat. (2nd and 3rd degree burns with my first laptop)

I think using the chromebook might be the key to bedtime carecure computing. It has made things safer for me anyway. I use a regular tv tray next to the bed or my day nest. as well as hold it on my lap or on a tray.

The chromebook has been most useful after I tuck in.

Comment

my hands are too clumsy to use a tablet touch screen. if you can use one of those, that works too. Its easier not to be caught not changing position like you might if using a heavy laptop or pc situated on one side of you.

Comment

Is there a good iPad mount that attaches to the bed rail? One of these days I have got to a) learn how to use the thing for more than browsing, e-mail, and a few games, and b) have it available overnight.
            Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Comment

http://www.twelvesouth.com/product/hoverbar-for-ipad

is this what you had in mind
              C4 incomplete since 1985

Comment

R. J. Cooper has many different attachments to hold ipad's and tablets.

www.rjcooper.com
                C 5/6 Comp.
                No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

I am a c4/5 quad and this is how I use my computer in my bed'_La strada di Gianluca' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwE5S__5s3M

Comment

I use a hospital table with a laptop I use the IRCommand2 remote control program in the USB UIRT To emit the signal And then I use a quad joy mouse that is bolted to the hospital table I've been using this for nine years works great. Make sure the hospital table is a big one depending on your bed size I have a queen sized bed good luck any questions send it to billstrauss34@yahoo.com

Comment

I use 1 software that detects the position of the face with a camera set to 1 software for voice recognition
                      This video shows its use:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwE5S__5s3M

It is important to say that the possibility of being able to use the computer while I'm in bed allowed me to overcome problems ,For my work related to the limited time in which I have in a wheelchair
                      Last edited by glm79; 13 Feb 2014, 7:58 AM.

Comment

There are two things that make using a computer a piece of cinch when in bed. They are Dragon NaturallySpeaking and a Kensington trackball mouse

http://www.tetraplegicliving.com/myb...aking-bed-rest
                        Tetraplegic & Spinal Injury Site

Comment

I put my laptop and iPad on my over-the-bed table. I don't know what I'd do without it!

Comment

Working...
                          X