program failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• program failure

I am attempting to design a new logo, and my design program stops working a few minutes into my work. I have used this same program for years, but not for several months. Any thoughts on how I can coerrect this problem? Thanks.

Given the information you have given about the program you are using and what os you are running I would say it is the flux capacitor.

Comment

What is a flux capacitor? How do I correct it?

Comment

what hardware/software are you using?

Comment

I have an HP Pavilion lap top. The program is Print Master Platinum 18. I have been using both for about 3-4 years. It appears that I can import art work, but the program stops when I fiddle with fonts, and fonts is what is needed with this job. The client wants to see what the name will look like in various font styles, and embellishments.
          Thanks if you can help get this thing going for me.

Comment

Originally posted by SoFla View Post
            I have an HP Pavilion lap top. The program is Print Master Platinum 18. I have been using both for about 3-4 years. It appears that I can import art work, but the program stops when I fiddle with fonts, and fonts is what is needed with this job. The client wants to see what the name will look like in various font styles, and embellishments.
            Thanks if you can help get this thing going for me.
            May be a corrupted file. If you still have the installation disc, you might want to skip the poke-n-hope and cut to the chase and remove/reinstall the program.
            Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Comment

What is a flux capacitor? How do I correct it?
              You reply by saying "Stop being a Dick, Movie Buff Nerd! I'm a novice user in regard to the technology of my computer use. What information would be helpful in solving my problem so I can get back to work?"

You also might want to include your Operating System in that reply.
              Foolish

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

that is what I would do if you hav'nt done that recently. if removing the program and reloading it does not work, wipe the computer and restore it using your factory restore disc. I have a graphics program that was a download, but I was able to get a disc for not too much money, and reload after wiping my computer and using the restore disc that came with the computer. operating system is like windows, mac, xp, visa ect. your os will need updates after restoring using the restore disc so your computer will be like it was when you bought it.
                Last edited by jody; 06-28-2012, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jody View Post
                  that is what I would do if you hav'nt done that recently. if removing the program and reloading it does not work, wipe the computer and restore it using your factory restore disc. I have a graphics program that was a download, but I was able to get a disc for not too much money, and reload after wiping my computer and using the restore disc that came with the computer. operating system is like windows, mac, xp, visa ect. your os will need updates after restoring using the restore disc so your computer will be like it was when you bought it.
                  A less invasive procedure you might try first would be to use a pre-problem "restore point" if your OS provides that possibility.
                  Foolish

Comment

Originally posted by Foolish Old View Post
                    You reply by saying "Stop being a Dick, Movie Buff Nerd! I'm a novice user in regard to the technology of my computer use. What information would be helpful in solving my problem so I can get back to work?"
                    You dimed me! I don't give a rat's behind what makes my machine work. I just want it to do what I tell it to do.

Comment

I thought about reinstalling the program, but then went back and tried tried again. I managed to get the job done in a back door sort of way.

Thanks to all!

Comment

Originally posted by Foolish Old View Post

You also might want to include your Operating System in that reply.
                        I thought it was a funny way to ask which program and os he was running. Or you could call me a dick, either works for me.

BTW, If you are importing a file from someone running Windows 7 you need to upgrade to 18.1, version 18 would be looking for non existent fonts.
                        Last edited by t8burst; 06-28-2012, 05:34 PM. Reason: speelling

Comment

Originally posted by t8burst View Post
                          I thought it was a funny way to ask which program and os he was running. Or you could call me a dick, either works for me.

BTW, If you are importing a file from someone running Windows 7 you need to upgrade to 18.1, version 18 would be looking for non existent fonts.
                          Chiding you. I smiled at your reply and put a wink emoticon in mine. As an admitted tech illiterate and pure poke-n-hope guy, I've always resented Nerds with attitude. Too often, snark reveals a lack of confidence by an IT "expert" that they can live up to the title of tech god that they would claim. Stressed Users with problems need and want help, not scolding. BTW, Imma big fan of BTTF.
                          Foolish

Comment

Originally posted by t8burst View Post

I have Vista. How out of date am I?

Comment

I have Vista. How out of date am I?
                              Vista is getting old and crufty, but if you are happy and things work I wouldn't worry about it. OTOH, an vista update may have caused your current pain. Upgrading to 18.1 is 40 bucks, you may want to try that if you keep crashing.

Comment

Working...
                              X