Ipad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doxy View Post
    Get an android based table like Asus Prime.
    Cheaper and more bang for your buck.
    I agree. Unless you have a really good reason, the Android tablets are 25-50% less and virtually all the functionality most use.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
      You might be able to use a stylus as a mouthstick and use it that way. I can use my Ipod touch pretty good with my homemade mouthstick stylus.
      Well, I bought one (16 gig Ipad 3.) That makes two computers I don't know how to use (this one, and it.) Now looking at mounts, telescoping styluses, etc.

It apparently has free Dragon apps to download, so there must be some voice control?
      Last edited by alan; 21 Jul 2012, 4:02 PM.
      Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Comment

I just bought an ipad mini, but I'm having trouble with the screen icons. I read that the screen uses the conductivity of the fingers to work. If I am a C4 quad, would the conductivity of my pinky finger be compromised?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
          You might be able to use a stylus as a mouthstick and use it that way. I can use my Ipod touch pretty good with my homemade mouthstick stylus.
          I've never used a mouthstick.

I have no bed mount yet. When I do find one, I suppose I'll need a telescoping stylus?
          Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill View Post
            I just bought an ipad mini, but I'm having trouble with the screen icons. I read that the screen uses the conductivity of the fingers to work. If I am a C4 quad, would the conductivity of my pinky finger be compromised?
            I have this problem on my Nook but only for one job and I think it has more to do with my fingernail hitting first. If you have a splint that holds a pen there are styluses made especially for those of us with conductivity issues. For basic swipes to turn pages or run the menus the side of my hand works as well as finger tips. Yes, at C4 you probably have conductivity issues.
            Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

The Twelve South Hoverbar is a 21.5" flexible arm (like the old gooseneck lamps) and clamp stand for the iPad. It has a cable manager that will run your charge cord along the arm too. Combined with a usb extension cord, you can leave it plugged into the wall. The clamp at the base can clip onto anything up to 1" thick. With an adapter you could clamp it to a bedrail.

Played with bombs- No SCI, Brain Damage enough that I require a chair and a caregiver.

Comment

Working...
              X