Smartphones and quads -summer 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -scott- View Post
    you slide one of these into a slot on a phone.
    it's pretty simple.
    Btw Scott, you have nice fingers for a quad. Love your polish.
    --
    Greg
    from the hills of Tennessee

"At least Grandpa died doing what he loved: bleeding to death." - Megan Amram

Comment

Originally posted by Millard View Post
      Hi Greg,

I am a C5-C6 but I have good hand usage. I use a Droid X and use swype for all my writing. The speaker phone works great and is part of the touch screen so is very easy for me to touch and talk. As WTF said, go ahead and get an Otterbox.
      ... Whichever you select, I hope it works well for you.

Good luck.
      Thank you Millard. Swype sounds interesting, but I bet it would take some practice to get good at it. I've all but decided to go with an Android device, so I'll give it a try if I do. And the Otterbox too. Thanks again!

Greg
      --
      Greg

Comment

Originally posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
        I'm a c3c4 quad. I use a Droid Incredible 2 and have no problem. I use a bluetooth to activate the voice commands. It takes a little practice with typing on the keyboard but it gets easier.
        Thanks Hacknsack. I think I'll give the bluetooth route again too.

Best, Greg
        --
        Greg

Comment

Mike Honcho

Save yourself some money the galaxy SII and SIII are almost identical the SIII offers nothing that is worth paying a premium for so when your eligible for a new phone wait for the SII to go on sale for free after rebate or .99 and then buy it.in 2 years there will be a phone that is really worth upgrading to.

Comment

Im a c6-7 quad and been using iphone 3 for 3 years now.
            Love the easy typing/smsing. I'll never go back to regular phones.
            As my next phone, i'll pick Android one of the Samsung Galaxys.

Oh and you don't have to go with providers insane 3 year 70+$ a month plans to get a discount on initial phone cost.
            Just buy an unlocked phone from someone like newegg.com and buy a 30$ no data plan if you not gonna use it to surf internet etc. outside your home.

You will save alot of money and will have a good phone.

Comment

Greg, there are several things you need to consider before you buy. Smart phones use capacitive screens which means you have to use your finger. Your typing sticks will not work, neither will a fingernail. You can buy a capacitive stylus but I think it still needs to be in contact with your skin to work.

You also need to think about physical hard buttons and where they are located. I have difficulty with buttons on the sides, volume.

I have the old evo 4g and love it. I got a seidio case for it and drilled a small hole in the back center. I took a thin rivet that is used on dog collars and riveted a strap formed into a loop on the back. I put my right thumb though the loop and use my left thumb to work the phone. The case is also compatible with their desktop and car cradle, just drop it in to charge.

Look more at hardware and less at software features, aftermarket apps cover almost everything. Find a phone that will physically work for you. Most providers will also let you try a phone to see if it works in your area.

Comment

Working...
              X