My browsers will not let me view Spinlife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My browsers will not let me view Spinlife

I used to be able to but haven't for years... it's bizarre... I think my ISP has blocked the site for some reason... Cant figure out why though... I used to have a site that I could browse anonymously through but through hard disk formats and buying new computers I've lost it... Does anyone know of any sites that you can browse anonymously from?
    Everybody wants freedom.... They just don't want it for everybody else...

A college professor, a man I now consider my dad, once told me...
    "The minute you let someone decide what you can and cannot do, your life is no longer yours." A truer word has never been spoken in my opinion.

Professor Bill Johnston
    (1930- )

Works for me. Install chrome and try that google.com/chrome also make sure your computer doesn't have the dnschanger virus: http://www.dcwg.org/detect/

Comment

tried everything you suggested... The DNS changer site didnt find anything... chrome has the same problem

"The minute you let someone decide what you can and cannot do, your life is no longer yours." A truer word has never been spoken in my opinion.

Professor Bill Johnston
      (1930- )

Comment

Is it just that one website you can't view, or are there others.

Here are some proxy servers.
        http://www.marcofolio.net/tools/20_p...onymously.html
        Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
        Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

just that one

Professor Bill Johnston
          (1930- )

Comment

That is really odd. Try putting 69.20.19.99 as www.spinlife.com in your etc/hosts file:

http://blog.kowalczyk.info/article/L...osts-equi.html

Comment

Bugger I cant do that... I just realised i dont have admin rights on this computer although it tells me i do... might check with the shop I bought it off in the morning

Professor Bill Johnston
              (1930- )

Comment

If you haven't done so already, try typing the numerical IP address shown below into your address bar, rather than using a DNS server or clicking a hyper-link or icon.

http://69.20.10.99/

You could also contact your ISP to see if they are filtering the domain.
                Last edited by Foolish Old; 28 Apr 2012, 8:39 AM.
                Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Comment

Originally posted by Foolish Old View Post
                  If you haven't done so already, try typing the numerical IP address shown below into your address bar, rather than using a DNS server or clicking a hyper-link or icon.

http://69.20.10.99/

You could also contact your ISP to see if they are filtering the domain.
                  I would have suggested that but spinlife will do a redirect to www.spinlife.com if you access it via the numerical IP. It is a pretty common thing to do.

Comment

tried typing in the numerical IP Address and still wont go there... Found a online anonymous proxy server and used that to get to Spinlife but because of Spinlifes Ecommerce Software having safegaurds against fraud I can't use it to get a quote for what I want???

Thanks RDF for the link I found the proxy server off of it...

Professor Bill Johnston
                    (1930- )

Comment

Are you using windows? Go to start and type in "cmd" without the quotes.

When the DOS window comes up, type>: ping spinlife.com

Are the packets getting through?

Also, did you add the IP number to the /etc/hosts file like Tom suggested?
                      Originally posted by Mutley View Post
                      tried typing in the numerical IP Address and still wont go there... Found a online anonymous proxy server and used that to get to Spinlife but because of Spinlifes Ecommerce Software having safegaurds against fraud I can't use it to get a quote for what I want???

Thanks RDF for the link I found the proxy server off of it...
                      Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
                      Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Are you using a router? Perhaps somehow it became a restricted site on the router's security features? Or maybe security software?
                        Last edited by Scott C4/5; 28 Apr 2012, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rdf View Post
                          Are you using windows? Go to start and type in "cmd" without the quotes.

When the DOS window comes up, type>: ping spinlife.com

Are the packets getting through?

Also, did you add the IP number to the /etc/hosts file like Tom suggested?
                          The packets are getting through... I cant add the IP number to the host file coz i dont have admin priveliges... Dont know why.... I guess the shop didnt trust me messing with the system... Good insurance policy for them.... Or the other way to look at it.... Lost income cos i cant mess it up
                          Originally posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
                          Are you using a router? Perhaps somehow it became a restricted site on the router's security features? Or maybe security software?
                          Using a D-link G604T

Professor Bill Johnston
                          (1930- )

Comment

See if you can add yourself to administrators. Control Panel -> User Accounts then click on "Manage User Accounts" (Windows 7). You have to have some sort of privileged account or you would not be able to install software.

Comment

Originally posted by Mutley View Post
                              The packets are getting through... I cant add the IP number to the host file coz i dont have admin priveliges... Dont know why.... I guess the shop didnt trust me messing with the system... Good insurance policy for them.... Or the other way to look at it.... Lost income cos i cant mess it up

Using a D-link G604T
                              You don't have full controll to a computer you own?

go to RUN command and type in MSCONFIG and click ok. in the SYSTEM CONFIGURATION screen choose BOOT, then on boot options check safe boot click apply and boot into safe mode, then go control panel > user accounts then make yourself ADMIN.
                              Now go back to RUN and type MSCONFIG and ok. now uncheck SAFEBOOT, click apply and then restart the CPU. try downloading malware bytes and install it and do a scan for virus. http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=5756
                              Last edited by anthony; 29 Apr 2012, 2:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X