Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My computer won't move!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    My pc keeps freezing up. I ran fix it center & it said that all of these things are running in IE.
    What do I need to do?

    Last Run Results (Saturday, March 24, 2012 7:50:25 PM)
    Issues checked Status
    AGSearchHook Class is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Alot Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Alot Toolbar Helper is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    AOL Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Ask Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    AVG Safe Search is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Baidu Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    BitDefender Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Blubster Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Comcast Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Cooliris is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    CouponBar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Delicious Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    DoubleD Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Earthlink Toolbar Protection BHO is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Ebay Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    FoxyTunes Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Google Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Google Toolbar Helper is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Google Toolbar Notifier BHO is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Grab Pro Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    HP Smart Web Printing is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    LBBHO Browser Helper Object is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Morpheus Bar Search Assistant is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    GamesBar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Orange Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    PC Confidential 2008 is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    PDF Creator is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    PPLive is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    PPLive Accelerator is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    PriceGongCtrl Class Browser Helper Object is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Quero Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    ReGetBar Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Roxio Drive Letter Access BHO is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Skype Plugin is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    SmartShopper is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Veoh Web Player Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Viewpoint Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    VMN Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Weather Channel Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Xfinity Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Xfinity Toolbar Updater is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Yahoo! Services & Yahoo! IE Services Button is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Yahoo Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Yahoo Toolbar Helper is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Yandex Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    PC Tools Browser Guard Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Add-ons are causing Internet Explorer to stop responding Checked Other Solutions
    Add-ons may slow down Internet Explorer startup and tab creation Checked Other Solutions
    sigpic

    Comment


      #32
      Good lord, get rid of ALL your toolbars! (You should be able to remove them from control panel add/remove programs.)

      Comment


        #33
        Thanks T8burst! I went to add/remove programs & it only showed 1 toolbar. It was Inbox Toolbar & I deleted it. How do I find all those other toolbars?

        Also I started having problems when I updated my computer & Windows Search 4.0 was installed. I stated taking it off but a window popped up with a long list of things on my pc that would be effected negatively if I deleted it.
        It had a link to read what windows 4.0 search was about. Do I need this? What is it?


        http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=940157

        Thank you so much! Mona
        sigpic

        Comment


          #34
          If you don't see them in add/remove: maybe look at this article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/m.../dd364987.aspx

          Maybe that program you ran reported stuff that isn't there. It made it look like you had 10 toolbars! In general the less stuff you have the better so if you see something in add/remove you don't use, remove it. Weather channel thing? Remove and just go to the web site. Things like that are just ways for people to put ads on your computer. It's like cleaning out your closet, if I haven't worn something in a year I throw it. If on your computer if you haven't used a program in a year, remove it (especially if it was free)

          You can remove windows search, it wont hurt and probably will help. I remember earlier you had 3 anti virus programs (avg, adaware, and something else) I really recommend you run only one. they can conflict with each other and cause problems. I would remove all three and use windows security essentials.

          Also, it maybe just be you have a hardware problem and that is causing it to freeze. How old is the computer?

          Comment


            #35
            No idea how old. lightening hit main wire on pole & blew out my pc & hd plasma tv.
            I had to buy a used pc at a computer store.

            The thing is it wasn't freezing up. It was fast & great. Now this.

            As a rule on add/remove programs should I NOT REMOVE programs that say Microsoft, driver, ???? what else.

            I would like to remove windows search 4.0. But it list a bunch of programs it might ruin.

            The Fix it that made the report is from Microsoft.

            I only use ESSENTIAL since you told me to delete avg, adaware.
            sigpic

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by Mona~on~wheels View Post
              No idea how old. lightening hit main wire on pole & blew out my pc & hd plasma tv.
              I had to buy a used pc at a computer store.

              The thing is it wasn't freezing up. It was fast & great. Now this.

              As a rule on add/remove programs should I NOT REMOVE programs that say Microsoft, driver, ???? what else.

              I would like to remove windows search 4.0. But it list a bunch of programs it might ruin.

              The Fix it that made the report is from Microsoft.

              I only use ESSENTIAL since you told me to delete avg, adaware.
              You can safely remove desktop search. Your other question is hard to answer, but you have the idea if it doesn't say MSFT or driver you are pretty safe. I have members of my family and friends bring me their new laptops/desktops and it usually takes an hour to remove all the crap they put on computers to try and sell you stuff you dont want or need. From what I remember of you hijackthis scan that you posted you really didn't have a lot of extra stuff installed, which is why I am starting to think it may be a hardware problem, especially if you bought it used. Wish you were local, I would be happy to look at it for you, but its hard to debug this stuff over the internet!

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by t8burst View Post
                You can safely remove desktop search. Your other question is hard to answer, but you have the idea if it doesn't say MSFT or driver you are pretty safe. I have members of my family and friends bring me their new laptops/desktops and it usually takes an hour to remove all the crap they put on computers to try and sell you stuff you dont want or need. From what I remember of you hijackthis scan that you posted you really didn't have a lot of extra stuff installed, which is why I am starting to think it may be a hardware problem, especially if you bought it used. Wish you were local, I would be happy to look at it for you, but its hard to debug this stuff over the internet!
                Yeah me too. I appreciate all the help you've given me. I deleted Window 4 search & it's doing better but still slow. But not freezing up. No I don't add things to my pc.

                I found something might be interesting. Not sure it will help. I found a diagnostic ck they did before I bought it. Not sure if they fixed or changed anything after running it.

                Here it is though.


                Last diagnostic run time: 04/07/11 10:53:50 Network Adapter Diagnostic
                Network location detection


                info Using home Internet connection
                Network adapter identification


                warn This machine doesn't have any installed network adapters. The required network device drivers may have not been installed
                info Redirecting user to support call





                HTTP, HTTPS, FTP Diagnostic
                HTTP, HTTPS, FTP connectivity


                warn HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
                warn HTTPS: Error 12007 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
                warn FTP (Passive): Error 12007 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
                warn FTP (Active): Error 12007 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
                warn HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to www.hotmail.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
                warn HTTPS: Error 12007 connecting to www.passport.net: The server name or address could not be resolved
                error Could not make an HTTP connection.
                error Could not make an HTTPS connection.
                error Could not make an FTP connection.
                sigpic

                Comment


                  #38
                  That looks like they ran it either unconnected to the network or without the network driver installed. Since you just posted from it I think they managed to fix it

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Well that's a good thing! Thanks t8burst! Mona
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Mona, if you are worried athat you shouldn't remove somethng, just set a restore point, so that you can go back after, just in case.
                      T7-8 since Feb 2005

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by sjean423 View Post
                        Mona, if you are worried athat you shouldn't remove somethng, just set a restore point, so that you can go back after, just in case.

                        Thanks sjean! I thought about you & this what you said I could do when I decided to delete Windows 4.0 Search. I told myself I could restore it if it messed things up. But it didn't & it seems to be much better. I think I will always remember it now. I'll still be cautious but know to remember WHEN I removed something just in case.

                        Thanks!
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                          #42
                          You can still get messed up if your restore points aren't there (often happens w. viruses) or if you delete something so critical you can't even get back on, lol. But generally, it helps.
                          T7-8 since Feb 2005

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Originally posted by sjean423 View Post
                            You can still get messed up if your restore points aren't there (often happens w. viruses) or if you delete something so critical you can't even get back on, lol. But generally, it helps.
                            Don't start scareing me now. lol
                            I'll post here what I'm thinking about deleting 1st.

                            Thanks I needed to know.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Dear Mona,

                              Before you delete anything further, why don't you do what you did last time when you posted that your computer was faster. if you'll remember, you rn the msconfig utility in the run box. you then went thru and unchecked a few things, what i don't know.. , then you rebooted and you said your computer was running faster. then you and foolishold started posting about three options. (you probably see where i'm going with this by now hopefully.) well, you checked to restart normally, but you should have selected "selective startup" or whatever the wording is on that option. so, redo that msconfig.exe utility and uncheck things that don't need booting up on start up.

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Originally posted by J/L View Post
                                Dear Mona,

                                Before you delete anything further, why don't you do what you did last time when you posted that your computer was faster. if you'll remember, you rn the msconfig utility in the run box. you then went thru and unchecked a few things, what i don't know.. , then you rebooted and you said your computer was running faster. then you and foolishold started posting about three options. (you probably see where i'm going with this by now hopefully.) well, you checked to restart normally, but you should have selected "selective startup" or whatever the wording is on that option. so, redo that msconfig.exe utility and uncheck things that don't need booting up on start up.

                                Thanks JL. I did redo that & ck'd selective startup after having to redo it each time I opened up my pc a couple of times. I realized neither of us had understood the question. But hey thanks for taking the time to help me. I really appreciate your help. Mona
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X