Apple Visionary Steve Jobs Passes Away at 56

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple Visionary Steve Jobs Passes Away at 56

As some may know, Steve Jobs has taken a medical leave of absence from Apple. If all goes well with his health, he will be back to work in June 2009. Some people believe that Jobs saved Apple. I would like to see him back at the helm because I believe Apple is a much more interesting company with him than it will be without him.

ETA: I started this thread back in 2009 because I believed that Steve Jobs did not have much time left on planet Earth.

Steve Jobs' Stanford Commencement Speech 2005.

The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

great man, great speach.

many thx PN for sharing this
    This signature left intentionally blank.

Comment

I don't know what it is, but I had to watch the video for a second time.
      The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
      --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
      usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

With his return to Apple many years ago, the company has grown dramatically and is definitely a major player in the technology market. Hopefully he will be able to return, but it will be interesting to see what happens with his absence.
        C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

Comment

i just find this, and bc you like Steve Jobs, maybe you will like this letter too. Is a letter send to Obama but it mention Steve Jobs
          Who has been more successful keeping the US ahead of other nations in competitive, technology-based markets? Mr. Jobs has also done right by his shareholders.
          Letter to Obama: What the Car Industry Needs Is A Steve Jobs
          This signature left intentionally blank.

Comment

Very cool.

Thanks Paul.

John
            "Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence." Lin Yutang

Comment

Originally posted by cypresss
              i just find this, and bc you like Steve Jobs, maybe you will like this letter too.
              I did like the letter. I don't think Steve Jobs would have killed the electric car. If he ran GM maybe we would start to see ultracapacitor powered cars.

Thanks!
              --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
              usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

Steve Jobs is dead...

RIP

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/ste...ry?id=14383813
                And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

RIP Steve Jobs

This this crossed my Google news page.

RIP, Steve Jobs
                  GJ and NL

Apple said founder Steve Jobs died Wednesday, the company said in a statement.

"We are deeply saddened to announce that Steve Jobs passed away today," the company said in a brief statement.

"Steve's brilliance, passion and energy were the source of countless innovations that enrich and improve all of our lives. The world is immeasurably better because of Steve."

In August, the legendary chief executive officer of Apple Inc., resigned and the company named Tim Cook, its previous chief operating officer, to the post.

Jobs wrote in a letter to the board that "if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come."

"I believe Apple's brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it," Jobs said at the time. "And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role."

Jobs, 56, was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2004 and underwent a liver transplant two years ago. He reportedly appeared at the iPad 2 launch in March and the annual developers' conference in June, The Journal reported. But he appeared thin at both events.

Jobs is credited with being the mind behind the iPhone, iPad and other devices that turned Apple into one of the world's most powerful companies.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/...-jobs-is-dead/

Comment

Originally posted by NoDecafPlz
                    Sorry about the simultaneous post.
                    GJ

Comment

Truly a creative genius. Few people have had such an impact on people's lives.
                      You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
                      http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
                      http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

I just heard that Steve Jobs passed away.

ETA: I was watching CNN last night and Wolf Blitzer was interviewing Leo Laporte. At the end of the interview, Leo's last words about the death of Steve Jobs were, "Where is the excitement without Steve Jobs?"
                        Last edited by PN; 6 Oct 2011, 8:12 PM.
                        --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
                        usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

A true maverick!

Comment

Comment

He said it best himself:

“No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life’s change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.

“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” [Stanford commencement speech, June 2005]

RIP Steve. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X