Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to marry your iPhone?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Is it possible to marry your iPhone?

    I named mine Jennifer. My fiancée is a little jealous, but understands :-)
    C5 injury with partial C6 function on left.

    #2
    I'm not sure about marrying your iPhone (maybe in International waters?). I am considering getting either a 3rd Generation iPod Touch or the new iPad. I have been watching YouTube videos on both and I'm not sure if the DragonDictate App will allow me to do everything hands-free. I believe the iPad has a 1 GHz processor and 256 MB of RAM. I have heard that it's quite snappy. I will have an iPhone, with DragonDictate, in my possession to try out this coming Saturday.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

    Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

    Comment


      #3
      I hope not.

      I sold my first, my 2nd quit working correctly (thus I was given a new one for free), and my 3rd is probably going to be sold once a new model comes out.

      Marriages are intended to last longer.

      Comment


        #4
        Why not? If a dude in Korea can marry a body pillow with his favorite anime character imprinted link here, You can marry your Iphone... I see no problem...

        Comment


          #5
          ugh. I hate the iphone for that reason! My fiance is on his literally all waking hours except for showering and eating. sometimes even when he's eating. He does when he is going the bathroom, watching tv, driving. it is irratating. we went fishing, out comes his iphone while waiting for the fish to bite... meanwhile they were while he was on that stupid phone!
          I have more to claim.
          I have to fight through the hard places
          to go and get it!

          most recent video:

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHLEinnhYtg

          Comment


            #6
            hmmm. Strange enough I envisioned an iPhone wedding dress skin.

            Comment


              #7
              name of my iphone

              i named my iphone with a male name, so i do not want to marry my iphone...

              Originally posted by Lewis View Post
              I named mine Jennifer. My fiancée is a little jealous, but understands :-)

              Comment


                #8
                Your post made me laugh. I know exactly how you feel. Withing 72 hours of owning my iPhone it went from what I thought was going to be a cool toy to my most amazing, awe inspiring, best friend. I have five pages of apps at this point, and use it for everything immaginable. One of the ones I really like is called "Around Me" and it uses the GPS to tell you about restaurants, banks, coffee shops, and so on wherever you happen to be, and then will provide the map to get you there, even if it is only a 100 yards or so. Love it, love it. I am thinking when the iPad 3G comes out I may have to get that too and replace my aging computer with just that. It seems like it would do all the things I want it to do and take up no space in my apartment either.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Scott Pruett View Post
                  I hope not.

                  I sold my first, my 2nd quit working correctly (thus I was given a new one for free), and my 3rd is probably going to be sold once a new model comes out.

                  Marriages are intended to last longer.
                  Good point!
                  C5 injury with partial C6 function on left.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by PN View Post
                    I'm not sure about marrying your iPhone (maybe in International waters?). I am considering getting either a 3rd Generation iPod Touch or the new iPad. I have been watching YouTube videos on both and I'm not sure if the DragonDictate App will allow me to do everything hands-free. I believe the iPad has a 1 GHz processor and 256 MB of RAM. I have heard that it's quite snappy. I will have an iPhone, with DragonDictate, in my possession to try out this coming Saturday.
                    DragonDictate is what sold me on getting the iPhone 3GS. It is amazing! People have no idea how many e-mails come from my iPhone now. Sometimes I think DragonDictate on the iPhone works better than the desktop version. That's how insanely good it works.
                    C5 injury with partial C6 function on left.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Eileen View Post
                      Your post made me laugh. I know exactly how you feel. Withing 72 hours of owning my iPhone it went from what I thought was going to be a cool toy to my most amazing, awe inspiring, best friend. I have five pages of apps at this point, and use it for everything immaginable. One of the ones I really like is called "Around Me" and it uses the GPS to tell you about restaurants, banks, coffee shops, and so on wherever you happen to be, and then will provide the map to get you there, even if it is only a 100 yards or so. Love it, love it.
                      Exactly! I like being connected and having answers at the touch of my iPhone.
                      C5 injury with partial C6 function on left.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by drew82586 View Post
                        ugh. I hate the iphone for that reason! My fiance is on his literally all waking hours except for showering and eating. sometimes even when he's eating. He does when he is going the bathroom, watching tv, driving. it is irratating. we went fishing, out comes his iphone while waiting for the fish to bite... meanwhile they were while he was on that stupid phone!
                        If you had an iPhone, you two wouldn't have a problem
                        C5 injury with partial C6 function on left.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Apple: Multitasking coming to the iPhone this summer

                          The new iPhone software will pack in more than 100 new features, Jobs promised, including (besides multitasking) a unified email inbox, support for Apple's new iBookstore, a social gaming network, a series of interface enhancements (such as app folders and wallpapers for the home screen) and — yep, it was bound to happen — a new, Apple-controlled mobile ad framework, with Apple set to keep a generous 40 percent of future ad revenue for itself.

                          Without further ado, then, let's get down to the nitty-gritty:

                          Multitasking
                          Here's how it'll work: If you're running an app on the iPhone — anything from the core Mail app to, say, a game like Tap Tap Revenge — you just double-click the Home key to pull up a small window shade at the bottom of the screen, which can show four apps at a time (just swipe to scroll through more running apps). Tap an app in the new multitasking "dock" and you'll switch to the app, with the first app's state saved in the background.

                          So, will all these apps actually be running in the background? Well, no (if they did, they'd slow iPhone performance to a crawl and eat up battery life, Jobs said). That said, Apple will be allowing a few selected processes to run in the background, including music, VOIP, and location-based apps.

                          For example, Pandora will still play music while you're browsing on Safari (you can even pause Pandora or skip tracks using the iPhone's "lock" control bar), you'll be able to answer and maintain VOIP calls (think Skype and the like) while you're working in other apps, and location-aware apps like Loopt will be able to track your location in the background via cell-tower triangulation. (An icon will appear in the iPhone's top status bar to warn you if a background app is tracking your location; you'll also get to tweak a series of new location-based privacy settings).
                          ...
                          ...
                          More
                          Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
                          Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

                          Thanks!

                          Comment


                            #14

                            T-10 complete, May 8th 2005(Mother's Day)
                            Cripple Pride!

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Is it possible to marry your iPhone? Not sure about the legal ramifications but I know what you would say at the time you exchange vows...."iDo"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X