Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your Internet speed

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31

    Comment


    • #32
      Rural living has it's perks but internet connection is not one of 'em!

      Wow am I gettin' ripped! $298.00 per month! Aaaahh!!! It's a T1 line to my home-office. Only other options: dialup or satellite.

      Comment


      • #33
        Just tried mine again;

        Comment


        • #34

          Comment


          • #35
            there is no way this is a T1 line.
            Originally posted by PeteShick View Post
            Wow am I gettin' ripped! $298.00 per month! Aaaahh!!! It's a T1 line to my home-office. Only other options: dialup or satellite.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by PeteShick View Post
              Wow am I gettin' ripped! $298.00 per month! Aaaahh!!! It's a T1 line to my home-office. Only other options: dialup or satellite.
              I do not believe that is a T1 hookup. Something is wrong there.
              You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
              http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

              See my personal webpage @
              http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

              Comment


              • #37
                definitely

                Comment


                • #38
                  I think it's supposed to be a 1.5meg T1. At least that's what I was sold. It's a dedicated line to my house. I'll check with the company Fairpoint.
                  Thanks for the opinions! I know little about it but learning.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    don't waste any time and anymore money unless you get a T1 speed. By the way are you running some kind of hosting services on servers in your home to need such a line?

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      I don't think I host anything but they said I could. I don't understand it all yet but I will. Thanks for your question and skepticism!
                      I'm waiting to hear back from them now. I'll update as I know.

                      Originally posted by tekniko View Post
                      don't waste any time and anymore money unless you get a T1 speed. By the way are you running some kind of hosting services on servers in your home to need such a line?

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        we'll be waiting. Good luck

                        Comment


                        • #42


                          This is high-speed Lite from Shaw in Vancouver. $22 when bundled, $29.95 unbundled.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            about the same price for the same speed in the states

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              T1 line is about 1.5 Mb per second.
                              Originally posted by PeteShick View Post
                              I think it's supposed to be a 1.5meg T1. At least that's what I was sold. It's a dedicated line to my house. I'll check with the company Fairpoint.
                              Thanks for the opinions! I know little about it but learning.
                              The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
                              --General George Patton

                              Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
                              ––Paul Nussbaum
                              usc87.blogspot.com

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Yes, that is the right speed for a T1 line. Under most circumstances, you can get higher speeds for cheaper in any urban area. That being said, only with a T1 line will you get any kind of guarantee to service levels. Well, T1 and up. T1 is the only one you would consider to the house.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X