Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

windows X,P, won't start help!!!!!!1/25/10

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • windows X,P, won't start help!!!!!!1/25/10

    mt H,P, laptop has been acting up,won't load windows get an error message please i,m so dumb..but willing to learn..
    sigpicLET A SMILE BE YOUR UMBRELLA

  • #2
    Can you post the exact error message you are getting? That will help folks figure out what to do next.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by foxyladi14 View Post
      mt H,P, laptop has been acting up,won't load windows get an error message please i,m so dumb..but willing to learn..

      What is the error message?

      How far does it get when you try to start up?
      You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
      http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

      See my personal webpage @
      http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

      Comment


      • #4
        gee thanks for the quick responds,,it,s an error on the harddrive has
        occurred windows shutting down .
        it happened before but i,ve gone thru all the computor threads and found some help/
        i got it going again and was fine,but the other day upgraded I.E. from 6 to 8.next morning it was down.
        sigpicLET A SMILE BE YOUR UMBRELLA

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by foxyladi14 View Post
          gee thanks for the quick responds,,it,s an error on the harddrive has
          occurred windows shutting down .
          it happened before but i,ve gone thru all the computor threads and found some help/
          i got it going again and was fine,but the other day upgraded I.E. from 6 to 8.next morning it was down.
          Try removing the battery , power adapter and take out the harddrive for five minutes ,tap on the power button a few times. That will reset motherboard. Hope that helps

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by anthony View Post
            Try removing the battery , power adapter and take out the harddrive for five minutes ,tap on the power button a few times. That will reset motherboard. Hope that helps
            how do i take out the harddrive??where is it????
            sigpicLET A SMILE BE YOUR UMBRELLA

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by foxyladi14 View Post
              how do i take out the harddrive??where is it????
              underneath, your manual might show the location.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by anthony View Post
                underneath, your manual might show the location.
                what would happen if i put a windows disk in
                sigpicLET A SMILE BE YOUR UMBRELLA

                Comment


                • #9
                  You would have to remove the CMOS battery to cause a reset of the BIOS. I don't know how removing and reinstalling the hard drive would cause anything to reset, unless your hard drive is not being found by Windows.

                  There may be other solutions you want to try first. Booting into safe mode and attempting to execute a "system restore" would be something I might try.
                  Foolish

                  "We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

                  "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

                  "Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Foolish Old View Post
                    You would have to remove the CMOS battery to cause a reset of the BIOS. I don't know how removing and reinstalling the hard drive would cause anything to reset, unless your hard drive is not being found by Windows.

                    There may be other solutions you want to try first. Booting into safe mode and attempting to execute a "system restore" would be something I might try.
                    Her harddrive is not being found, so a system restore is no good to her. Resetting the bios will not heip either. So her only choice is to try what i said or replace harddrive...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Could she boot from her install disk?
                      Originally posted by anthony View Post
                      Her harddrive is not being found, so a system restore is no good to her. Resetting the bios will not heip either. So her only choice is to try what i said or replace harddrive...
                      Foolish

                      "We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

                      "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

                      "Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Foolish Old View Post
                        Could she boot from her install disk?
                        want work but she could try...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I might have misunderstood what she is saying, sorry Foolish...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Nothing to be sorry for - it's difficult to know what's going on when you are looking from a distance. The best way to find an idea that works is to have lots of ideas.
                            Originally posted by anthony View Post
                            I might have misunderstood what she is saying, sorry Foolish...
                            Foolish

                            "We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

                            "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

                            "Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Foolish Old View Post
                              Nothing to be sorry for - it's difficult to know what's going on when you are looking from a distance. The best way to find an idea that works is to have lots of ideas.
                              Thank you, I hope she get it working on the cheap...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X