Internet explorer......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet explorer......

won't open. Either from the i-con or the start menu.
    So what can it be?

I ran some programs and it's saying something about "Internet optimizer" What is that and how do I remove it so my Internet can open again.

Thanks,
    Ed

Does anything happen when you try to run it?
    Do you have another browser installed (Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera, etc)?

I don't know about the 'internet optimizer'. You might have stumbled on some malicious software.
    -Dusty

---C5-incomplete "walking quad", Dec.28,2005---

Comment

Remove Internet Optimizer, removal instructions
      http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-internet-optimizer.html

I'd download & run |MG| Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.41 Download
      http://majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_A...are_d5756.html

Comment

Try and open it by double clicking on iexplore under program files in Internet explorer. If that works just drag an icon from iexplore to your desktop. If that doesn't work I would probably download it again.

Comment

FlatIron-

I would like to use the link you included but the thing is I can't get the Interent to open whats' so ever. It's not on this computer I'm replying on but rather another computer I have in the house.

I already have that Malwarebytes on the computer. Actually I got them all from savemybutt.com and have been using what they recommend on the site since Spring and never have any problems on the computer.

Is there a way I can over-ride to open a Interent page so I can download the application?

Thanks,
          Ed

Comment

Click on My Computer then C: drive then Program File then Internet Explorer then iexplore.exe see if that works. If not download firefox to a usb thumb drive then install it on other PC if this works then download IE again. I keep 2 browsers on a PC just in case.

Comment

Maybe obvious, but I'll ask anyway - have you tried to reboot? Tried right-clicking on the program and selecting "open"? Booting into safe mode and then trying the various ways to open IE?

If all that fails, I would install another browser and then go to add/remove and uninstall IE and then do a new install. If you already have the IE install on a disc or flash drive, you won't need to have an alternative browser, but I like to have at least a couple.
              Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Comment

Originally posted by nick View Post
                I already have that Malwarebytes on the computer.
                Try to update Malwarebytes if it's on there. If it won''t still run a scan with it.

Then reboot the PC & open the Run box & type iexplore.exe & see if IE will fire up.

If IE still doesn't work then do what jryprt suggested.
                If not download firefox to a usb thumb drive then install it on other PC if this works then download IE again.
                It's always good to have a second or third browser in case IE screws up.
                Myself, I use Firefox 99% of the time.

Comment

Thanks for the help. I got it working again this morning. I right clicked on IExplorer and then opened without ad-ons. It then directed me to turn off my router for 3 minutes and did a diagnostic check. Fixed it. Then was able to update MalwareBytes and have a complete full scan going on now!

Thanks again and happy holidays to all

Comment

Well, it's still doing the same thing. I downloaded Firefox as a backup a couple of days ago and everything was good but when I went to turn on the computer this morning it mysteriously dissappeared. How is this possible.

I had Norton Anti-Virus as protection and it expired and I'm not ever going back with them. There is no protection on the computer as I type. However the computer I'm using now just has a firewall turned on and very little protection and I never have a problem just surfing the web.

So now what? What is causing this problem. Is it true that Norton sends corrupt files to a system just so you go back and buy the protection from them? I have heard of this from many people and if it is indeed true I will say that Norton in f'in with the wrong individual on this.

I'm stumped on what to do.

I will however contact Norton and if need be I will be getting pretty nasty with the higher up individuals of this corporation.

Thanks,
                    Ed

Comment

Originally posted by nick View Post
                      Well, it's still doing the same thing. I downloaded Firefox as a backup a couple of days ago and everything was good but when I went to turn on the computer this morning it mysteriously disappeared. How is this possible.
                      Firefox disappeared or IE is not working again?
                      I had Norton Anti-Virus as protection and it expired and I'm not ever going back with them. There is no protection on the computer as I type. However the computer I'm using now just has a firewall turned on and very little protection and I never have a problem just surfing the web.
                      So now what? What is causing this problem.
                      I'm stumped on what to do.
                      Norton Removal Tool
                      http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...05033108162039
                      OR
                      |MG| Free Download - Norton Removal Tool (SymNRT)

Then download, install, update and scan with one of these free AV's.
                      Freeware avast! 4 Home Edition register for free
                      AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic

I'd register herehttp://www.windowsbbs.com/malware-virus-removal/
                      or here http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...-spyware-help/ to see if you have any malware issues on that PC.

Which ever forum you decide to go to follow their instructions to the T for faster and better results..
                      Before you Post, read their sticky threads at the top first!

Other forums if you want to check them out.

What the Tech | formerly TomCoyote
                      Tech Support Guy
                      Piriform Forums
                      5 Star Support - Free Computer Help Forums
                      BleepingComputer.com
                      MajorGeeks Support Forums
                      AumHa Forums
                      PC Pitstop Forums
                      Safer Networking Forums
                      Computing.Net - Support Forums
                      Last edited by Flatiron; 14 Dec 2009, 6:06 PM.

Comment

my i e is totally messed up it isn't even in my installed programs and i just sent the one in all programs to the recycle bin going to try to reinstall it
                        sigpicLET A SMILE BE YOUR UMBRELLA

Comment

Originally posted by foxyladi14 View Post
                          my i e is totally messed up it isn't even in my installed programs and i just sent the one in all programs to the recycle bin going to try to reinstall it
                          What OS do you have? XP, Vista, Win7 etc.

Try this> Start > Run & type iexplore.exe & see if IE will launch.

Did you try all in the above posts?

jryprt, Click on My Computer > C: Drive > Program Files > Internet Explorer > double click on iexplore.exe see if that works.
                          Post back and let us know, ok?

Comment

this spyware program works great and has tools to fix internet settings and more

http://www.superantispyware.com/download.html

Comment

just start using firefox and chrome beta, forget ie.
                              chromebeta now has add ons/extensions so it is somewhat usable. it is very fast though.
                              firefox portable can be dl to a thumb drive, so you can always use that to dl another broweser,
                              i also here that linux? can be dl toa thumb drive and you can boot off that into windows, but the guros will have to crrect and explain how that is done.
                              i think one of your real problems is vista, i have the same problem. it is a piece of crap.
                              i finally got around to ordering the copy of win7 that i should have ordered moinths ago.
                              i had never used vista before, it is real crap.
                              i have a new vista computer, about 3 months old, runs slow as crap, started out real fast.
                              my hard drive is 64%fragmentated, yet it is only 10% filled. i have run 2 different defrag on it a couple times, yet it stays at around 60% fragmentated.
                              never have iseen such junk.
                              win xp really was a charm compared to vista.
                              if i had a computer i was going to keep it on iwould change it to 32 bit, 64bit causes too mkany troubles.
                              and i have more ram then the pc motherboard can use ,i have 5 , 4 is the max for this chip
                              cauda equina

Comment

Working...
                              X