No announcement yet.

Favorite/Most Useful Links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Useful for those who are using Windows 98 or Windows Millennium Edition.

Free File: Fast Defrag
    Free up memory and optimize how your system uses RAM and the swap-file.

Call for Help

PN

[This message was edited by PN on 01-20-04 at 08:12 PM.]
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

It says free, but the website requires you to pay a $14 "membership fee" to download it.

Comment

Addendum: Nicole writes "Note: At the time "Call for Help" featured EasyCleaner, it was completely free. If you want to download the file now, you'll need to pay $19.95 for a one-year membership to the ToniArts website" Call for Help

Hellonwheels:

Thank you. I have sent an E-mail to Nicole and EasyCleaner has been removed.

PN

[This message was edited by PN on 01-27-04 at 01:04 AM.]
        The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
        --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
        usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

Special thanks to Nicole at TechTV! [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Hello PN,

The name of this file is actually EasyCleaner. After featuring it on "Call for Help," the developer began charging. We've updated the article to reflect this fact, asked the developer for permission to mirror the file, and issued an apology on the show.

If you would still like EasyCleaner for free, please download it from one of the following mirror sites.

MajorGeeks.com
          http://www.majorgeeks.com/download414.html

PC World
          PC World download
          We're sorry for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Nicole
          Web producer, "Call for Help"
          --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
          usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

According to MajorGeeks the free version of Easycleaner is a beta, so everyone should keep this in mind when installing it.

Comment

You paid a lot for your DVDs. Make sure you never need to buy another copy.

By Kevin Rose one
              Backup your DVDs for free

I've purchased at least three copies of "Rage Against the Machine" over the last few years. No, it wasn't because I lost the first two. I'm really tough on my CDs. They get thrown in and out of my CD player and eventually become unplayable. The same thing can easily happen to DVDs, and that's why anyone who's tough on their media needs to make a backup for safe keeping. On tonight's 'Savers I'll walk you through the steps.

The Screen Savers

PN
              --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
              usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

Free File: Ultimate Paint

Easy-to-use drawing program lets you work with layers, filters, and more.
                By John Duggan

Microsoft Paint plagues Windows users. Sure, you can figure out how to use it immediately, but the basic selection of tools leaves most of us wanting more. Today Cat shows you a better option, Ultimate Paint. This enhanced drawing program has more whistles and bells than Paint and it includes easy-to-use menus.
                Call for Help

PN
                --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
                usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

Free File: Restoration
                  Learn how to recover deleted files.
                  By Craig Higdon
                  Restoration lets you scan your whole hard drive or search for specific keywords or file names. Find your file and click Restore by Copying. You should restore the file to a different drive from the original. If you select the same drive, Restoration warns you that you may accidentally overwrite the file with itself, destroying it (talk about Twilight Zone).

Tech TV

PN
                  --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
                  usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

Free File - LeechGet 2004

By Dan Mitchell

LeechGet 2004, a free download manager/accelerator, includes all kinds of amazing features. It lets you queue up to eight simultaneous downloads. When you see something you like, right-click the link and select "Download Using LeechGet." Then just sit back and watch the magic happen.

Tech TV

PN
                    --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
                    usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

http://www.software602.com/products/pcs/trial.html

602PC SUITE, the best alternative to MS OFFICE, has it all! The suite is composed of four full-featured applications: a word processor, spreadsheet, photo editor and photo organizer. For only $59.95, license 602PC SUITE on three (3) computers in your organization and save! The license also allows home use, FREE!

Comment

Free File:
                        By Roger Chang
                        Stream your DVDs

Video LAN Client (VLC), possibly the last best word in freeware media players, supports all major codecs, including MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MP3, DivX, Ogg Vorbis, VCD, and, yes, DVD.

TechTV

PN
                        --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
                        usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

Download a free alternative to Microsoft Word. (Spell checker included.)
                          By Sarah Lane and Phil Allingham

"It may not have all the functions of Microsoft Word, but on tonight's episode of "The Screen Savers" we have a contender that has everything you probably want, including a spell checker.

AbiWord, a free open-source word processing application from AbiSource, works with Windows, Linux, QNX, FreeBSD and even Solaris."

Tech TV

PN
                          --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
                          usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

Free File: RegScrubXP

Clean up your WinXP Registry and speed up Windows.

By Roger Chang
                            Speed up your PC

"All sorts of obsolete and defunct registry settings stuff up your Windows XP Registry. You, my friend, need today's free file, RegScrubXP."

Call for Help

PN
                            --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
                            usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

askjeeves.com, or i think ask.com will get you there too. great place to simply ask questions...i suppose similiar to yahoo, etc. but I use this one alot.
                              "Oh Lord, bless me indeed, enlarge my territory, that your hand would be with me, keep me from evil, so that I will not cause pain."

Comment

Test your CPU speed and more with WCPUID.

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/2427

PN
                                --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
                                usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                                X