How do u get the onscreen keyboard?
    Hi Gurly,

http://www.microsoft.com/enable/trai...gkeyboard.aspx

On the Start menu:
    Point to All Programs.
    Point to Accessories.
    Point to Accessibility.
    Select On–Screen Keyboard.
    Note: A message box with a link to more information about the On–Screen Keyboard may appear. To close the box, select OK.
    http://www.microsoft.com/enable/trai...turnonuse.aspx

Bob.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Comment

How much is the average to get a laptop's keyboard and touchpad keys cleaned up? I've had my Dell for 4 years now and plan on getting a smaller one for traveling but this 17" still works well but is a tad gummy especially the left clicker.
      Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

Originally posted by Sue Pendleton View Post
        How much is the average to get a laptop's keyboard and touchpad keys cleaned up? I've had my Dell for 4 years now and plan on getting a smaller one for traveling but this 17" still works well but is a tad gummy especially the left clicker.
        I would think around 30 or $40 to clean the keyboard and the touchpad.

The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
        --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
        ––Paul Nussbaum
        usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

I recently spilled water on mine. My husband disassembled then wiped all the wet parts with cotton buds. After letting it dry for 2 days, miraculously, it still functioned. I was already thinking of replacing it with a Lenovo because of this ad.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg6emajJmEo

Comment

My Friend Julie spilled red sticky wine on hers ... she sent it to me I took it apart and took out the HD and both batts
            Took the keypad and used distilled water to clean the Wine gook off it .. Rinsed it out with distilled water Dried it out.with blown air thouroughly ... Replaced the DVD recorder to be safe it was all yuky
            Put her laptop slowly back together it fired up ...
            It ran stable for a week so I sent it back to her She was able to use it and get her files all backed up / transferred to her other new work laptop computer .
            She uses it as her home notebook it is still working well...
            Distilled water and totally removing the Batts totally disaasmbling it paid off ... First time I seen a glass of Red wine in a leveno...

Comment

Way to go GypsyLady.

Bob.
              "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Comment

Thank you Bob clark Main thing is Depending on the liquid I like the Refrig idea and I used that too in the past on my old compac one because I drink alot of water .

But on my friends Julies Her wine spilled Work laptop
                I had to totally Dissamble hers to properly clean it . It was Sticky and took alot of time on my Behalf . I also was in that margin of 50% winning it runs or 50 % it dont run Fried as you all know . Liquids can wreak havok on laptops

Comment

Working...
                X