Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What an idiot, he just lost his best client.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imight
    So I pay this caregiver $10 an hour to do small things around the house. Literally, he does just about nothing except drive me around to meet up with people for lunch, go to the bank, grab food, install my shower bench, clear out caths, etc.
    Am I the only one who sees a difference between a "caregiver" and a maid or a personal assistant or a gopher? It's 3 am. Maybe I'm the only one who cares. I should be sleeping anyway.

C.

Comment

@KLD--Dont worry about jbinny, he has some personal issue with me, because my screen name and text upset him. I think he thinks that I give a damn if he respects me or not. who is he? nobody as far as I know. LOL.
      Not to cause more trouble, but I'm curious: what is the problem or significance with Imight?

Comment

I would respectfully request jbinny that if you have personal issues with the opinions of Imight you take them to a pm or start a thread of your own in Members perhaps ..... I read your reference to the other post in the Rec,Sport etc. forum and didn't sense any disrespect in Imight's responses (after some clarification) ..... of course its always a question of interpretation and perhaps there is a history here I'm unaware of .... lets nip this before it gets .... beyond beyond ....okay? I appreciate that .....

Back to topic ............

Obieone
        Last edited by Obieone; 4 Feb 2008, 11:14 AM.
        ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
        Jane Siberry

Comment

yes. problem is, my chair does not fit in the bathroom and my house is not accessible. I bought a ramp, but its too steep, I can go up and down what little stairs we have, but I still have to practice carrying the wheelchair behind me while doing so. so until i move (which is tough in cali) ill pay for help. The guy usually comes 3-4 hours a day 2 times a week. My mom comes around and helps with the shower bench, and cleans hard to reach places. If I had my own bathroom, I would probably only need someone once a week, for deep cleaning.
          totally understandable. i figured there had to be a good enough reason. i wish you good luck with finding an accessible place and getting the independence you need.

Comment

Originally posted by KiranA
            totally understandable. i figured there had to be a good enough reason. i wish you good luck with finding an accessible place and getting the independence you need.
            Thanks. theres def a reason. Because trust me, If I could I would. I didnt get where I'm at by being lazy.

Had my car not been destroyed in the accident, I would be driving my baby right now.*sigh* so now I have to buy another car, and I dont want to buy just ANY car. I want to buy something I like. Im thinking a 330ci BMW. HOWEVER. Ive also been contemplating moving from cali all together (to another state or country). Hollywood, is not accessible AT ALL. its terrible here, and everything is on hills (at least where I live)

Comment

$8 - $10/hr. is pretty cheap
              Spottswood

Comment

How I wish that I was able to find a carer/ maid for $8-10 per hour!
                In Australia a carer (whom will not do any house cleaning) is from $ 34 /hr onwards & a maid for light house cleaning starts from & 45 through an agency.

Comment

Agency costs are pretty bad, but they sound a bit better here, mine is $43 per hour for an RN/LPN. Paying that much for an aide would be outrageous, at least in my thinking.
                  C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

Comment

Originally posted by trainman
                    Agency costs are pretty bad, but they sound a bit better here, mine is $43 per hour for an RN/LPN. Paying that much for an aide would be outrageous, at least in my thinking.
                    That's because they can make that much working in a facility, so sadly it affects people who need them at home.

Comment

Had my car not been destroyed in the accident, I would be driving my baby right now.*sigh* so now I have to buy another car, and I dont want to buy just ANY car. I want to buy something I like. Im thinking a 330ci BMW.
                      So you won't buy a car until you can have a BMW? That seems short sighted if you can't afford one. If you can afford one, then get one. Or get a vehicle to use in the meantime while you shop for your perfect car. Limiting your independence and ranting about needing to rely on others just because you can't have the perfect luxury car sounds utterly illogical to me.

C.

Comment

Originally posted by trainman
                        This is why we live 80% of our time in Thailand.
                        An RN in Australia is $ 57 /hr .

Comment

The agency pays you $8 an hour, and you have to deal with people that are by far less independent than I am.
                          Amen. Why anyone would "deal" with those dependent people is beyond me.

Comment

$8 - $10/hr. is very cheap. Especially in Los Angeles. I have to pay $15 an hour for driving me around type of chores. You might try treating them with respect and actually being friends with your help. My help actually cares if I make it to my appointments on time.

Comment

I wrote an explanation. but why bother, so I've decided not to respond. I'll let the assumptions be my answers.

Comment

Working...
                              X