Is He Unthankful Or Just Depressed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks SoFla

I'd already thought of that one. She may very well be protecting herself from what I'm going through right now. There is much more to the "rest of the story" on her, though. Too enormous to go into here, but trust me, she IS selfish - gets it honest from her mother's side I think - maybe even from HIM (my brother).

Anyway, I will try to attend those meetings ASAP.

Thanks for your input. I do appreciate it very much.
    Vickie

Comment

There is always the "rest of the story." But only those who live in the house with the substance abuser really knows the whole story. There are members of my family who blame my brother's ex for his substance abuse. His daughters' have been given blame, too.

I've attended many meetings, and look at it differently. When it is all boiled down, only my brother was responsible for his alcohol comsumption. I have great respect for my nieces for becoming the strong women that they are, overcoming great odds.

Get to some meetings, Vickie. Keep in touch.

Comment

Hi Vickie ..... sorry for all you're having to deal with here! I thought you might find this link helpful .. I found it when I was surfing for help with my own gambling/alcoholic brother ! All the best .... http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/

Obieone
        ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
        Jane Siberry

Comment

Thanks Obieone

Got that website in my "favorites" now. Will go there often.

You all have been so helpful. I appreciate it.

Vickie

Comment

Working...
          X