No announcement yet.

How would you design a place to live??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would rather have it look like part of the house.
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

Comment

Originally posted by Norm
      I would rather have it look like part of the house.
      Norm, it did.
      They matched everything but the windows and those were so close, you had to really look close to see a diff.

Cool bathroom unit though, huh???

Comment

I can't use a bathroom like that. It needs to be a roll in shower.
        "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

Comment

Turtle Homes...

Me and hubby are still playing with the idea of having one of those put up when we find ourselves nice piece of property (since our house is starting to get a little bit tight with our two little guys and planning on some more addition). They seem to be priced reasonably, and if you put a nice basement under it, you are having quite a mansion going for you!
          Couple of the homeplans look better then the other ones...
          http://www.tickercentral.com/view/2qot/2.png

http://www.geocities.com/krajaxa/fair05copy.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by thenose
            However, my problem has been if I needed a PCA, I did not want them to be "in" my personal space. I know this might might sound silly, considering what they often have to do, but I mean my surroundings are wide open to any PCA coming in.
            This isn;t silly at all, the fact that we don't have the privacy we want for our bodies and bodily functions just makes the provacy of the rest of our lives all that more important.
            T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Originally posted by thenose
              I think the house would be more private if the "back" entrance could be used by PCA's who bathed/turned/dressed.
              No need for them to be in the rest of the space.
              I hear what you're saying about privacy and such, but what you're saying here sounds like you want to treat a caregiver as an inferior, not even just a servant. I see tremendous difficulty in balancing that attitude with a desire to have that caregiver actually treat one with care.

C.

Comment

From my experience, my Nurse sometimes use to sit out back on the patio (I live in FL we kept the sliders open most of the time) because he didn't want to be in the middle of the familys discussions. Then as the family filtered out he would sit in the living room. I'm going to use the TV room next to my bedroom in the new house as my nurses sitting room.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepin
                  I'd set it up just like an airport. Have a lot of people coming and going so you're never stuck with the same face. It's accessible. Plenty of handicap parking too!
                  that would be cool... but w/o Travolta's (house is his, right?) cashflow it might be a little far-fetched.

Comment

Howdy Partner!
                    Go 2 amazon.com and buy the book ACCESSIBLE HOME DESIGN

Comment

I'd have a mirror on the ceiling.

Comment

Originally posted by ezconrad
                        Howdy Partner!
                        Go 2 amazon.com and buy the book ACCESSIBLE HOME DESIGN
                        Thanks, I just ordered a copy!

Comment

Here's what my current room looks like. I was a garage. Its a mess because I'm moving in a few weeks I hope.

Video Clip,
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Aa79bof3HU

Comment

this is what I get when I try to watch ur vid:
                            This is a private video. If you have been sent this video, please make sure you accept the sender's friend request.
                            http://official-linerider.com/index.html

Comment

It should work now.

Comment

Video worked, thanks for sharing Norm.

Comment

Working...
                                X