How many hours of care are you allowed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many hours of care are you allowed?

My mom wanted me to ask this question. She's curious what other people are getting. If you are a quad, how many hours of care are you allowed a week?

Thanks.

40.5 per week....i use about 12......c.b.a. (community based assistance) a medicaid/medicare prog. in tx
    Last edited by justadildo; 9 May 2006, 12:50 PM.

Comment

It would be important to know who is funding the PCA care. This makes a big difference in my experience.

Worker's Comp?
      Private Insurance?
      Private Pay?
      Medicaid associated state/county program?
      Medicare (mostly for homebound)

(KLD)
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

24/7 LPN hour care via nofault insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by wheelman21
          My mom wanted me to ask this question. She's curious what other people are getting. If you are a quad, how many hours of care are you allowed a week? Thanks.
          It's usually not just a matter of being a quad, which then "allows" a set number of hours per quad. As mentined, the type of insurance will matter, as they may have their own eligibility/qualification criteria, and which may determine very different hours among quads.

Comment

8 hours/day paid for by Worker's Comp. Rest of time is unpaid. Jim is c5, complete but has complicating conditions, Insulin dependent diabetic and TBI.

Comment

w/cba here...it is a matter of para/quad

Comment

I'm allowed 40 hours per week. I only use about 33 hours. Just a matter of what you need hours for. State funded through program act 150 or something like that. I don't qualify for Medicaid or anything like that.

Comment

North Carolina Medicaid-

I get 3 hours a day 7 days a week, up to 80 hours/month. I'm on the waiting list for what they call CAPS which allows 40 hrs/week.

When I lived on Long Island, NY I got 12 hours/day 7 days/week on Medicaid.

I'm a C5/6 quad.

Comment

I get funded thru VIHA(goverment funded - Canada). They do a personnal assesment for each person. I'm allowed 150hrs per month. Not all are used, so they might be cutting down the hours which would suck because I plan to move away from home soon and will be needing more hours than used now. C6 quad
                    ~Ashley~

Comment

Private insurance, $650 per day through agency and $1500 per week private hire. I use $643.50 per day for agency nurses (16.5 hours) and parents remaining time. Great for getting stuff done in the day, but still requires I live at home and eats through insurance fast.

C2/C3 vent dependent quad in Iowa.
                      C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

Comment

184.5 hours twice a month, but the pay is prorated to 5.72/hr because it's live-in. They pay something like .50/hr for 8 sleep hours, more for household stuff, more for personal care stuff like SP cath changes. At OR's minimum wage of 7.50/hr, it works out to about 140 hrs- at 10./hr, it's about 210 hrs per month, or 7 hours a day. Rollin's a C4 quad.
                        Oregon made a deal with the devil tho- I mean the feds. The Oregon Health Plan was supposed to be some whoop de do plan for doing more with less. Now it's having to do less (for peeps) with less (money).
                        walkin

Comment

I (c5/6) am given $1800 a month by the county (I'm in England) to employ my carer/s. This is kept in a dedicated bank account and is audited every three months. I am also responsible for deducting and paying their income tax and national insurance. The real nightmare is in recruiting staff, in the south of England you have to pay $15 an hour to get your grass cut never mind personal care.

Comment

Working...
                          X