What Caregivers Want the "Pros" to know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Caregivers Want the "Pros" to know

To my dear Care Cure Community family...

I have been contacted by an Occupational Therapy doctorate student.

She is in the final phases of her thesis presentation and working on creating a couple videos for a national spinal association. Since I was a caregiver for 38 years, she is interested in my caregiving/coping skills.

Obviously, I have some ideas from the perspective of the life that I shared with my dear one GJ. But, I know that my experience as a caregiver was different from others who are or have been caregivers to loved ones with a spinal cord injury, especially a significant other.

She has asked me...do you have some golden nuggets of wisdom to share as a spouse/caregiver. I would love to hear your caregiver golden nuggets and include your ideas in the video we may produce.

I can't think of a better group to ask this question. I would love to hear from caregivers/spouses and those who are cared for by a spouse/caregiver. What makes it work? How do you care for yourself? How do you give each other care?

I know this may be a sensitive topic, so you don't need to respond publicly. Send me a Private Message. I will monitor my PMs.

Thanks for your insights.

Warmest best,
    NL
Working...
X