No announcement yet.

CARE.com -- Has anyone,,,,??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you say guilty beyond a reasonable doubt? https://www.trustpilot.com/review/care.com
    Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
    Bob Seger

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
      This company was founded by a para, solid guy- https://leanonwe.com/
      Yeah, senior care they are a dime a dozen but where does that leave us. SCI quads screwed again!
      Bob Seger

Comment

I have used care.com a number of times over the years. I have successfully recruited 2-3 CNAs through.them before the pandemic. These days, my job posts get no response. You can read my "Going down fast" post to see what I am going through trying to find someone. The only RNs that I have received inquiries from are people who retired and looking to supplement their income. If care.com still offers a free trial period, it won't hurt to try. But do not expect to get many, if any, responses.

Comment

Can you use a senior nursing student? In some(not all) states they can apply for an LPN license and weekends may work well for them.
          ckf
          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by tvot View Post
            Can you say guilty beyond a reasonable doubt? https://www.trustpilot.com/review/care.com
            If you want to be ripped off big time, try indeed.com.

Comment

Originally posted by SCIfor55+yrs View Post
              I have used care.com a number of times over the years. I have successfully recruited 2-3 CNAs through.them before the pandemic. These days, my job posts get no response. You can read my "Going down fast" post to see what I am going through trying to find someone. The only RNs that I have received inquiries from are people who retired and looking to supplement their income. If care.com still offers a free trial period, it won't hurt to try. But do not expect to get many, if any, responses.
              After using them last year and one time before that, I figured they were useless. More recently I was stuck in a nursing home for two weeks since I fell flat on having no PCA's at all. My sister put an ad on care.com and we hit paydirt. Someone replied I'm having her seven days a week for night time not only is that good she lives 1/2 miles right down the street. And just yesterday I found another good person by word of mouth to do days. The young girl from the agency will be going bye-bye. I will never go to an agency again I'd rather be in a nursing home I swear. Unfortunately, I found most to be young, and if not that they had a third-grade education. I went and asked the first if she was comfortable giving me a suppository and she said yes. The next day she ratted me out to the agency and never showed again. LOL what the hell do I care she told me she had PTSD another ******* crybaby. Anyways the past four years since my wife passed away I think my ship finally came in yesterday with this new experienced older woman. Finally, three people that don't even smoke cigarettes never mind do drugs seriously I finally think I might have my sanity back. Other than that good luck Mr 55. Let's face it this Covid thing didn't help any one of us able bodied or disabled. Wait one more thing maybe if the government didn't let these people sit on their ***** they would have to go out and work. Here's an example of my nighttime PCA who I had for one year. Her and her family that's six times I believe $600. Well, when she got her money she said she and her family all had Covid. I know it mini vacation for her. I messaged her and asked her to show me her results and she wouldn't. I told her you're done loser even though I really didn't wanna do it but she was a chronic liar anyway.
              Last edited by tvot; 8 Oct 2021, 4:14 PM.
              Bob Seger

Comment

Curious about why you need RNs to help with your care? Currently, the nursing shortage of licensed nurses (RNs primarily) in hospitals and acute care facilities, as well as home health agencies is about the worst it has ever been. Many nurses, stressed out by COVID and their employers lack of support for safety measures, and inadequate staffing, are leaving the profession as well. Those who are seeking employment want jobs that offer good benefits (health, and life insurance, retirement, paid vacations, etc.), so working privately for someone in their home without these is going to be only a last resort for them. It may end up with you getting RNs who can't get a job due to poor skills, past job firing, or disciplinary action by their licensing boards as well.

Look closely at what care you need, and whether or not you actually need an RN, or whether an LVN/LPN or even lay person that you train yourself would not suffice.

(KLD)
                The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

KLD

Everything you stated is so true when trying to hire caregivers and this is why we need to pay family instead. I have a daughter who has been fortunate enough to have employment from home. But still there are times when she has to supplement her income because she has to take time off for doc appointments, labs, radiology etc... for me. Most of what my daughter does is learnable and my initial Nurses, CNAs, LVNs spent time teaching her as they were aware my staffing would be downgraded due to all the reasons listed by KLD. Thank goodness for Lobbyists who are educating the public about the cost of care at home versus care in a nursing home/hospital or assisted care facility.

Comment

Working...
                  X