Nursing home still won’t allow visitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nursing home still won’t allow visitors

My mom (C3 incomplete) is in a nursing home. They are still not opened and only letting 1 visitor in for 30 minutes a week. This is super frustrating as she will not do anything alone. She has literally just been laying in bed for over a year now all day long. Doctor says her body is deteriorating due to this.

Looking for suggestions and ideas on how to get this nursing home to open up. Are there agencies we can complain to and help advocate. My family is weary about complaining though in fear that they will retaliate somehow.

I live thousands of miles away from her and will be visiting the area shortly. Would be really nice if I could finally see her.

What state is the nursing home in?

Comment

Washington

Comment

I realize this may not be possible, but is there any family nearby that can break her free? Bring her to live with family for the near future? Is she on Medicaid? Can you review with the local Department of Aging (or equivalent) all of the resources she is eligible for? Who knows... maybe she would be eligible for 8 hrs of home health aids a day, maybe your local family can help, maybe you can hire a little help.... etc..

https://www.dshs.wa.gov/altsa/home-a...local-services

This organization may be helpful.

https://www.wasilc.org/centers-for-independent-living

Comment

• rainingblue
          rainingblue commented
          Editing a comment
          I sure wished it was a possibility for her to be home. But my mom pretty much needs 24/7 care . She is in her 70s and after the accident, could not grasp the concept of trying to learn how to be independent (Honestly she was never a very independent person before her accident.) It's possible due to her injury she just could not. My dad is almost 80 and it would be impossible for him to care for her. She is on Medicaid and I believe the max amount of hours she could get at home is 13 hours. We fear the idea of home health aid, in the event that if someone cancelled or couldn't show up for work, what would my Mom and Dad do? Or if my mom has a UTI or catheter leak, who helps her. Initially I had very high hopes we could get her home, but with the little support she has, that has depressingly dwindled away.

Is there another skilled nursing facility in the area that doesn't have such strict regulations?
        pbr
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

• rainingblue
          rainingblue commented
          Editing a comment
          I think this may be one of the better nursing homes .

We're in the same boat. In fact our facility will not allow any visitors, period, due to Covid.

Comment

• rainingblue
          rainingblue commented
          Editing a comment
          Hope things get better!
      Working...
      X