Showering and Covid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showering and Covid

I require a caregiver to take a shower. What are some practical solutions to reduce risk of Covid-19? Any ideas would be appreciated!

Originally posted by oldschool View Post
    I require a caregiver to take a shower. What are some practical solutions to reduce risk of Covid-19? Any ideas would be appreciated!
    You require a caregiver to take a shower? Well there is nothing wrong with having a clean caregiver but if the person does have covid it would not stop them from passing it onto you, You got to go by the simple rules tell them to keep their hands clean and keep a mask on.
    Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
    Bob Seger

Comment

Do you mean you require them to shower at work, or before they come to work? Either way, I have seen no indication that bathing reduces transmission of COVID-19, which is almost exclusively through respiratory droplet transmission.

The best way to prevent transmission of COVID-19 from you to your caregiver, or from your caregiver to you is for both of you to double mask, or use N95 or KN95 masks at all times, and to be sure that your caregiver is tested if possibly exposed to a family member or friend who has known COVID-19. Your caregiver should also be maintaining social distancing in public...no parties, no indoor church services, no movie theaters, no indoor restaurants, etc. You also might want to consider a temperature check for your caregiver when they report to work, and question them about any other COVID-19 symptoms before they enter your home.

(KLD)
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I really need to work on my writing skills. What I was trying to say is when I take a shower I require the assistance of a caregiver and trying to wear a mask in the shower is difficult for me. It doesn't take long before the N95 mask is soggy and hard to keep a good seal and breath through. My caregivers don't have a problem and wear an N95 mask. I require a temperature check and quiz them on symptoms before entering home. I stress to them the importance of masks, and social distancing when on their own time, but there is no way I can verify whether they do any of it. I guess the best I can do is continue to wear the mask and replace it with a new one after each shower.

Comment

• SCI-Nurse
          SCI-Nurse commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree. (KLD)

I have no advice to add to this, but thank you all for the laugh. I knew what the OP meant and really thought the first response was just a joke

Comment

Working...
        X