No announcement yet.

Do I use an agency or hire people on my own

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Do I use an agency or hire people on my own

    KLD maybe you could give me some advice on here. As you can see in my other post my 2 PCA's throw me under the bus in all seriousness just like that. I don't know why they did this. My sister wants me to go through an agency as far as know they will not do a Suppository is this correct. I called the VNS I told them to have somebody come out here tomorrow to talk to me about this right now I'm really stuck I just don't know what to do. Let me just say this before I met my wife, 8 years with caring PCA's only fired 2 in 8 years. Now nothing like it was, today people are absolutely terrible. I think it was because back in those days where basically the same age. The past 7 young women I had hired as PCA's are by products of my generation pot smoking losers. I should've known one of the last ones had defaced her forearms with writing, that's not art that's a cry for help.
    Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
    Bob Seger

    And that's an insult to potsmoking losers . Today's PCAs; you wish they were only pot smoking losers.
    tvot give me a pm.


      Originally posted by tvot View Post

      KLD maybe you could give me some advice on here.
      In many states, non-licensed nurses aides (CNAs, HHAs, etc.) are not allowed to do procedures which "invade an internal body organ" (lungs, bowels, bladder) nor administer medications, including suppositories. If they are working for an agency, they are under the supervision of an RN, who may also be prohibited from delegating such care to an unlicensed caregiver (this is the case in my state of CA).

      On the other hand, in most states, if you hire someone off the street or hire a family member on your own, even if they are certified as a CNA or HHA, you can have them perform these activities. Whether they are eligible to be paid by your waiver program in your state will vary state to state.


      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.