Good Strategies for Finding PCAs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Strategies for Finding PCAs?

Does anyone have any suggestions for finding PCAs?

I have used many different routes for finding the full, however I'm always interested in any new creative ideas that anyone has?

I have gotten in contact with various local nursing colleges, posted flyers in the cafeteria at local hospitals, used care.com, and use the local state directory called is masspcadirectory.com. I have also used Craigslist. com, however that is not the best in my experience.

I was looking for any good new creative ideas that anyone can think of, let me know if anyone has any tricks.

Injured on July 8th 2017 at 28 years old.
    Fractured C4 - C7, Incomplete.

Facebook Email

Does your local ILC (Independent Living Center) have a directory of PCAs or a PCA coordinator? Are you involved in any local support groups for people with disabilities who might be a source of personal referrals? Have you passed out flyers at local nursing homes in addition to hospitals?

Sorry that Craig's List has not worked out for you. I hired a number of good PCA from my ads there when I was managing my mother's PCAs. Only a couple of losers who we replaced quickly.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Help wanted section of local newsletter/newspaper/booklets covering a "reasonable" distance from your home. Not inexpensive, but the response is usually pretty decent.

What does one do when one doesn't want to list your own phone number in the advertisement? Two solutions I came up with recently: 1) a temporary burner or prepaid phone with voicemail for the month or two you will need it; 2) more expensively you can have an answering service ask the basic questions for you (full name, phone number, transportation and where they live). This wasn't as expensive as one would think and is based upon the number of minutes their operators expect to be on the line. So if you expect the questions to take five minutes and, say, 60 responses, they can offer you a plan for 300 minutes costing about $250.

Comment

Working...
      X