No announcement yet.

Desperate for Advice for Young Quad in Massachusetts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vindex, thank you for your input, but the OP has not been back to our forums since the day they posted this thread (14 months ago) and so are very unlikely to see your lengthy response.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Figured I would try at least, it is certainly a worthwhile cause.
      Injured on July 8th 2017 at 28 years old.
      Fractured C4 - C7, Incomplete.

Facebook Email

Comment

I currently in the process of getting in contact with the Massachusetts state medical licensing boards regarding clarification of this issue.

I truly hope the original poster of this issue comes back.
        Injured on July 8th 2017 at 28 years old.
        Fractured C4 - C7, Incomplete.

Facebook Email

Comment

Originally posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
          After 24 years of doing bowel care I got a colostomy. One of the best decisions I've ever made. I wish I would have had it done 27 years ago.

I can't help but believe this to be an insane choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim C. View Post
            Most who have had colostomies say it has improved their life greatly.

Comment

You are kidding right? Before my colostomy my bowel routine controlled my life. Now I control my life! I guarantee if you did a survey most will agree with me.

Comment

Not only do we hear about so many people here on our forums who found a colostomy improved their quality of life, there have been several published research studies indicating that this is the case for many people with SCI/D. It is not for everyone, but should be considered an option for those who cannot manage their bowels otherwise.

(KLD)
                The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
                  Not only do we hear about so many people here on our forums who found a colostomy improved their quality of life, there have been several published research studies indicating that this is the case for many people with SCI/D. It is not for everyone, but should be considered an option for those who cannot manage their bowels otherwise.

(KLD)
                  I agree it should be offered as a option. For 24 years I did a 2-4 hour bowel routine. Now a less than 5 minute bag change. I compare it to my sp. Instead of having to cath every 4-6 hours I just empty my leg bag when needed.

Comment

It is a game changer.

Comment

May god help us recover our shit

Comment

I see this is an old post...are you still on here?
                        did he sign his SSDI check over to them?if not,he should,look into that..
                        hows the sore?

Comment

Originally posted by dpatrick View Post
                          I see this is an old post...are you still on here?
                          did he sign his SSDI check over to them?if not,he should,look into that..
                          hows the sore?
                          OP has not come back to our site since their original post. Curious.

(KLD)

Comment

Working...
                          X