Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Care.com legit, or worse than Craigs??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cass View Post
    i just tried them. they ignore adults with disabilities. am having ongoing e dialogue with them now, apparently i don't fit in their "vertical" categories of 1. senior care, 2. pet care, 3. babysitting.
    wow, thanks for info
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Comment

since i didn't fit, they threw me in senior care, so i got responses referring to alzheimers, taking care of grandpa, etc. week long e exchange with them or more. ad was not my words, nor did i know it was being placed. just browsed their site, answered some questions just to see, paid no money, got a few email responses to ad i never placed and best thing: unless i pay fee, can't respond to emails. weird place. claim they aren't agency.

Comment

I have used care.com successfully a couple of times. Yes there is a fee but I find it better than craigslist. The last time I used craigs for a PCA within 2 days I got nearly 50 responses including one looking for a machinist position and another from a chef. People seem to send their resume to anything that is posted under Jobs. I did searches for care.com using home care individual. A lot of them are CNAs or have other relevant experience. Also the page does enable communication with prospects, keeps a log of your messages, etc. They do provide other services for a fee but you do not have to use them. Once I find 2-3 prospects I communicate directly with them to arrange interviews, etc. I have found it worthwhile. And my ads have been posted verbatim and could be edited by me at any time. I seem to have had a totally different experience than some of the previous posts reflect.
        Last edited by SCIfor55+yrs.; 10-24-2015, 01:25 PM.
        You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
        http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
        http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

I've had some good luck on care.com, but I had to sift through a lot of losers to find a winner.

Comment

Working...
          X