No announcement yet.

Lost insurance due to ACA and facing a nursing home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am looking at a place Friday that may be able to take me if I don't get more funding. It's supposed to have Internet, but I don't know how good and if I'll be able to continue my web business. It is in a town that is one of my favorites for watching trains, but I can't tell on Google maps if I could see the tracks from the facility.

Because of the vent/DPS and having absolutely no arm or hand control, I have to have someone with me when I'm out. I can almost guarantee they don't have enough staff to allow me to go out. By the looks of the web site, it's also a typical nursing home in that the clients are mainly senior citizens. Maybe I'll learn to play BINGO with a few of them.
    C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

Comment

oh I am speechless can you call like 20/20 or dateline . its unreal that fox won/t do something

Comment

Since my last update, I have done an appeal through the Iowa Insurance Division and they agreed I still need care. Therefore, night hours through the nursing agency are being covered by insurance. Unfortunately, they aren't covering my days any more, so I have my assistants now as CDAC providers with a lot of careful planning so that their hours with me are all covered.

Insurance is scheduled to review my case again in late January 2015, which is also how long the CDAC deal through the state is approved. Some people think I'll have to go through all this again in January and others don't, so we'll see. The school talks and activities I usually do in spring I'm doing this fall instead just in case.
        C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

Comment

I am so relieved to hear that you are at least partially covered. I hope you don't have to jump through all of the hoops again.
          Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

Good to hear you have more time !

Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 10 Apr 2015, 10:38 PM. Reason: Removed spam url

Comment

Does anybody know how trainman is doing?

Comment

Working...
              X