No announcement yet.

Ouch! No herniated disc!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well having epidural shot tomorrow Nervous a little, maybe it will help the nerve. Physical therapy has been good for me, altho I still cant feel left lower back, and other areas. But could be worse. Guess I dont understand how I didnt know I was numb weird. please pray for me thank you all!

Comment

Good luck with the epidural shot. I hope it helps. I'll be thinking of you...
      Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

Well had epi injection no problem didn't really feel anything different , but didn't feel pain to compare it to.
        don't think they ever met anyone who didn't know if they felt anything different.
        So they didn't give me another injection. I think I thought they could tell by exam on weakness or something.
        Well it has been 2wks and three days now I'm having some aching, I woke up this morning aching throbbing in the top of both feet and ankles up to chin, lower back, forearms weird thought at first flu, but not. I have not had any pain just significantly numb in areas. Wonder if these areas are trying to wake? Weird no pain just numb and now aching all over kinda. Or is This from injection? I have L5 Radiculopathy, grade 2 denervation on Emg nerve conduction test. But the pain management Dr said he didn't think there was nerve damage. Who do I listen to My Dr who did Emg? or pain Dr.
        I'm confused now. He said nerve irritation, does that mean pinched nerve, or just inflammation, or both? Aching in arms to so got to go now.

Peacegirl

Comment

Perhaps what the pain management doctor meant is that the nerve is irritated and not permanently damaged. I think you can have inflamed or pinched (compressed) nerves without there actually being damage to the nerve or nerve root. I don't think there is one conclusive test that can pinpoint the source. I would trust the electromyography (EMG) and nerve conduction study (NCS) results and ask for more information from the pain management doctor about what the source of the nerve irritation is. If they do not know, maybe you can also have an MRI done or consider seeing a neurosurgeon.
          Originally posted by Peacegirl_11 View Post
          Well had epi injection no problem didn't really feel anything different , but didn't feel pain to compare it to.
          don't think they ever met anyone who didn't know if they felt anything different.
          So they didn't give me another injection. I think I thought they could tell by exam on weakness or something.
          Well it has been 2wks and three days now I'm having some aching, I woke up this morning aching throbbing in the top of both feet and ankles up to chin, lower back, forearms weird thought at first flu, but not. I have not had any pain just significantly numb in areas. Wonder if these areas are trying to wake? Weird no pain just numb and now aching all over kinda. Or is This from injection? I have L5 Radiculopathy, grade 2 denervation on Emg nerve conduction test. But the pain management Dr said he didn't think there was nerve damage. Who do I listen to My Dr who did Emg? or pain Dr.
          I'm confused now. He said nerve irritation, does that mean pinched nerve, or just inflammation, or both? Aching in arms to so got to go now.

Peacegirl
          Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

Well I had MRI they said was normal, so by his findings on my initial exam I had numbness, no reflex in left ankle and weak in both knees. So did emg, and sent me for ct of abdomen which was normal. Dr told me this. Week I have a 1+ nerve damage. I asked if my disc was leaking chemicals onto the nerve causing the inflamation? And was this what was happening to me? And he said yes. I was in physical therapy this week doing leg lifts, and couldn't get up only few inches off seat and froze but didn't feel anything, so pushed off again but was so slow. I was afraid to stand my legs felt like jelly I have never done that.
            Came home and fell think my left leg was not working good was weak. I feel like both legs are slow and weak this week. Go back to dr in 4 wks.

Comment

Working...
            X