No announcement yet.

Do you have words to live by?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The more time you spend trying to take back what has been taken the more Time is being wasted.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Rolfe View Post
      This too shall pass.
      A good one for the Bowel Program
      "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"

Comment

A couple more that my Dad "stole and modified".

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, but do it to them first".

"Love your enemies, it will drive them nuts".
        TM 2004 T12 incomplete

Comment

Great thread kate !

I love Sue's sig line - it's on my fridge and I'm thinking of getting it tatooed on my arm !

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Obieone
          ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
          Jane Siberry

Comment

It used to be "Forgiveness is the best revenge".

I guess now it's "Quit falling in your damn chair."

Seriously, one of mine is from Kate. "If Betheny had named her thread that, I'd think someone slipped her thorazine."

Kate lets ppl be who they are. It's awesome.
            Blog:
            Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Everybody wants to go to Heaven but nobody wants to die.

Comment

You're gonna have good days and bad days in life. Sometimes you step/roll in shit... and then there are the bad days when the shit steps/rolls on you.

Comment

By any means necessary - Sartre/Malcome X.

Comment

Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'.
                    www.worldonwheels.ca

Comment

1) Live each day with no regrets
                      2) Treat others the way you want your mom treated

My favorite
                      3) Every day I wake up is a good one
                      Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

From my Grandpa E's collection of clipped newspaper pieces: on the taming of the American West one essay was entitled "The cowards never started and the weak died along the way."

And "Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way!" Sergeant Major "Mac" McKenna with help from Thomas Paine.

And I think that if we "Prepare for the worst; hope for the best" we will never get out of these chairs. We should train to recover completely. Anything less isn't worth training PTs.
                        Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

"Excelsior, you fathead", catchphrase of radio personality Jean Shepherd

"There is always a way." P. G. Wodehouse

"What, me worry?" Alfred E. Neuman

Fuck, fuck, fuckety-fuck! Four Weddings and A Funeral

Where I am, I don't know, I'll never know, in the silence you don't know, you must go on, I can't go on, I'll go on.
                          Samuel Beckett, The Unnamable

Everything flows, nothing stands still.
                          Go with the flow.

Comment

"Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives." fa la la la laaa laaaa... la la la... lala lala lalalaaa... dewww deee.. doo-do do-dooo.. doo.. doo.. doo.. dew.. deeee... doo-deeeehhh!

No. When I think of a good one I'll come back.

Comment

When in danger,
                              when in doubt,
                              run in circles,
                              scream and shout.

Comment

I live this each and every day.

“I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy." - Rabindranath Tagore
                                Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Comment

Working...
                                X