The SCI Sisterhood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The SCI Sisterhood

Check out FacingDisability.com's newest guest blog post from Well Spouse. Well Spouse is a great online support organization for the "well" spouses of people with physical disabilities or chronic illnesses.

Also, do you think a spouse or partner should be a caregiver? Please share your thoughts here or on FacingDisability's Paralysis Forum.

There are many MALE caregivers too. This is not a role exclusive to women, or to even to spouses.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I'm getting a little annoyed at this poster just posting here to redirect towards other forums.....
      Last edited by zillazangel; 29 Dec 2011, 4:05 PM.
      Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Comment

This is currently under discussion.

Obieone
        ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
        Jane Siberry

Comment

I think this is good helpful information, another resource, glad it was posted here. Isnt that was CC is, a forum of information sharing?

Comment

Originally posted by SharonD View Post
            I think this is good helpful information, another resource, glad it was posted here. Isnt that was CC is, a forum of information sharing?
            It is relevant which is why it wasn't immediately removed as spam. However these people aren't actually posting content in CC or participating in any way. Just advertising their blog. Personally I wish they would stop, if I wanted to read their blog I would subscribe to it and I think it is in bad taste to advertise your site on someone else's. They have forums on their site, I wonder how they would react if we continually posted "Hey I know you have an caregiving forum but there is one at Care Cure with a lot of information, why don't you go over there"

Comment

what if we had a thread listing other forums, or it was under support groups, or something like that?

I dont think they should advertise the way they are doing, as to me it is just spam, but it is sci related, so allowing one mention, or bulletin like we do with mobile women should be ok, but where is the best place to put it?

Comment

We already have a forum for listing other related websites. She has posted there as well:

/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20

(KLD)
                The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

has she been asked not to post in other places? if so, and she keeps smattering other threads, maybe she should get the boot.

Comment

I read their rules.
                    if we went there advertising our forum, we would get the boot.

they even have rules about punctuation, and proper sentence structure.
                    they aren't playing by their own rules by posting here.

Comment

Originally posted by jody View Post
                      I read their rules.
                      if we went there advertising our forum, we would get the boot.

they even have rules about punctuation, and proper sentence structure.
                      they aren't playing by their own rules by posting here.
                      Lol, punctuation rules. really? Man that is pretty messed up for a site where some people might be using a mouth stick or speech to text input.

Comment

no long posts, no caplocks, It looks like a nice set-up, but they wouldn't like my kind at all. I find it difficult to hit the keys where my ring fingers and pinky's are used.

Comment

Originally posted by jody View Post
                          has she been asked not to post in other places? if so, and she keeps smattering other threads, maybe she should get the boot.
                          I didn't mind it because I also am involved with Wellspouse and there was a guest post from someone there.
                          I had not heard of that website before and thought it might be something new to look at, but after reading the rules and looking it over decided it wasn't of interest.
                          But if this person is only posting promoting other sites it isn't right.

People here who start stupid or controversial threads here with 3 links to their own blogs get on my nerves.

Comment

Originally posted by LindaT View Post
                            I didn't mind it because I also am involved with Wellspouse and there was a guest post from someone there.
                            I had not heard of that website before and thought it might be something new to look at, but after reading the rules and looking it over decided it wasn't of interest.
                            But if this person is only posting promoting other sites it isn't right.

People here who start stupid or controversial threads here with 3 links to their own blogs get on my nerves.
                            LOL! Now who might that be?

Comment

Originally posted by t8burst View Post
                              LOL! Now who might that be?
                              Oh go watch lock up and be quiet!

Comment

Working...
                              X