No announcement yet.

Advocacy HELP NEEDED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS I welcome requests for electronic copies (PDF) of all the documents related to this case. Please contact me at one of the email addresses above and I will be glad to provide whatever you wish to inspect. [/QUOTE]

A very difficult situation. In regard to the above quote, just a caution about sending private records/documents to persons on the internet.
    From years as a counselor many good suggestions were made. In addition can you form a relationship with one of her teachers or case workers in order to follow her progress?
    Nice that she is doing so well in school. Do you talk to her on the phone or see her? Ask her if she has any thing she wants you to help her on.
    Good luck to you and your granddaughter.

Comment

I get a hinky feeling about this thread. The OP has not come back to our site, even to read the responses, since the day they posted (3/30/11). They first posted about the child here in 2008, then nothing until this most recent post.

Compared to similar situations I have dealt with through CPS in my area, the inaction reported also seems odd, and the failure of the grandmother to get the press or elected legislators involved when the system is not working is not really well explained. Anyone else get these "tingles" about this thread?

(KLD)
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I wonder too, I read the older posts but dumb me didn't look at the date, wish she'd reply

Comment

Originally posted by madmaddmother View Post
          I wonder too, I read the older posts but dumb me didn't look at the date, wish she'd reply
          Its okay Judy you had good intentions evansmom

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
            I get a hinky feeling about this thread. The OP has not come back to our site, even to read the responses, since the day they posted (3/30/11). They first posted about the child here in 2008, then nothing until this most recent post.
            The accident story is true. Since the child was made a ward of the court because of the crack and heroin addiction, the grandmother is now fightng a 6 year old problem. Maybe gramma doesn't have a good enough background record to (personally) fight the system?
            Last edited by flicka; 13 Apr 2011, 2:04 PM.

"We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."
            - Barack Obama

Comment

SCI Nurse - I also had a strange feeling about this situation. I'd love to know "the rest of the story".

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post

Compared to similar situations I have dealt with through CPS in my area, the inaction reported also seems odd, and the failure of the grandmother to get the press or elected legislators involved when the system is not working is not really well explained. Anyone else get these "tingles" about this thread?

(KLD)
                I had a hinky feeling about it from the start. Could be true but I something seems off.

Comment

I sure did K.

Comment

I did also I have trouble believing that any state would refuse to let a child go to strangers instead of their grandmother. Unless she isn't fit either. If a child is in foster care then the state has to pay the parents correct? Wouldn't it be cheaper to let a family member to raise her.

Comment

Originally posted by dispatchjen View Post
                      If a child is in foster care then the state has to pay the parents correct?
                      No. The state charges the parents money if they have a job (at least in CA). The state pays the foster parents for taking care of the kids.

- Barack Obama

Comment

But who pays if the parents r dead

Comment

Taxpayers.

- Barack Obama

Comment

Ok so wht leave the xhild in foster care y not give her to family and not pay fosrer parents give that spot to a child that need a home. Something is fishy with this one

Comment

Originally posted by dispatchjen View Post
                              I did also I have trouble believing that any state would refuse to let a child go to strangers instead of their grandmother. Unless she isn't fit either. If a child is in foster care then the state has to pay the parents correct? Wouldn't it be cheaper to let a family member to raise her.
                              With Family Fostercare, there are still payments. In the state of MD, it is a complicated formula.

I think it best to stop guessing and making assumptions that the grandma is unfit. There could be a host of reasons why she was not granted custody, none of them having anything to do with her fitness to raise a child.
                              Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

Working...
                              X