Richard, how are you holding up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard, how are you holding up?

Just want you to know that I"m thinking of you, I think of you often. I hope that you are coming to terms and finding as peace as you can at this very early stage. xoxo - ami
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Hi, Ami
    I'll PM or something.

Comment

Thinking of you also Richard.

Comment

Hope you are doing ok and thinking of you, Richard.

Comment

I PM'd Ami, but I copied it into her "SCI for dummies" page for you Linda.

For public consumption -
          It is very hard, and there are constant (many times a day) reminders of what was and what might have been. Even now, after 5 weeks, going through the grocery store is painful and tear-provoking. A friend, who lost his wife to cancer 10 years ago, told me to expect a bad year. It's hard to get motivated to do things, as one's life becomes centered about the other.
          But it is nice to have access to you cyber-friends. I'm sort of an anomaly on CC now, but maybe I can still help a little here & there.
          - Rchard
          Last edited by rfbdorf; 02-14-2011, 12:04 AM.

Comment

in cyberland, chairs, or the lack thereof, kinda fades.
            you are in my thoughts as well, hope you are getting by ok
            Last edited by jody; 02-14-2011, 12:46 AM.

Comment

I have also been thinking of you, just can't imagine how different it must be. Like taking the color from our sky. After 10 years of 24/7 caregiving I just can't imagine. It has been encouraging to me to see your occassional post, thank you for staying with us.
              Reading Linda's post the other night about the agony of decisions and the stark lonliness at the end of the day-god, the isolation of our roles is sometimes so daunting. I've sometimes wondered how hard it would be to miss the color of the sky. Deb

Comment

Originally posted by rfbdorf View Post
                I PM'd Ami, but I copied it into her "SCI for dummies" page for you Linda.

For public consumption -
                It is very hard, and there are constant (many times a day) reminders of what was and what might have been. Even now, after 5 weeks, going through the grocery store is painful and tear-provoking. A friend, who lost his wife to cancer 10 years ago, told me to expect a bad year. It's hard to get motivated to do things, as one's life becomes centered about the other.
                But it is nice to have access to you cyber-friends. I'm sort of an anomaly on CC now, but maybe I can still help a little here & there.
                - Rchard
                You are anything but an anomaly here Richard. I know what you mean, but there are many, many people here who care about you, think about you, and wish you the healing that comes with time, although never easily. You are part of the CCC family, and nothing can ever change that.

Comment

Originally posted by Eileen View Post
                  You are anything but an anomaly here Richard. I know what you mean, but there are many, many people here who care about you, think about you, and wish you the healing that comes with time, although never easily. You are part of the CCC family, and nothing can ever change that.

I second that. I don't know you very well, but what you have contributed here has been invaulable and all the people here are extremely grateful; you will always be a part of this place.

WG

Comment

I think of you often, too, Richard, and always read your posts with gratitude for your kindness, generosity, wisdom and helpfulness. Blessings to you.
                    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Comment

You are such nice people, it gives me a warm feeling. Thank you all.
                      - Richard

Comment

Thinking of you.
                        T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Working...
                        X