Live in caregiver contract - my generic template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live in caregiver contract - my generic template

If you would like a copy of the caregiver contract that I use when we have a live-in caregiver, please PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you. Its quite specific for our situation but is easily tailored and is at least a place to start. I'm very paranoid after years and years of every possible PCA disaster, so I've got a pretty tightly worded contract.

Ami
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Originally posted by zillazangel View Post
    If you would like a copy of the caregiver contract that I use when we have a live-in caregiver, please PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you. Its quite specific for our situation but is easily tailored and is at least a place to start. I'm very paranoid after years and years of every possible PCA disaster, so I've got a pretty tightly worded contract.

Ami
    If you wouldn't mind and could redact any personal information, I think a lot of us would benefit from reviewing your contract and posting it here for us rather than you having to email it to a number of us individually.

I know there is another thread on this website that deals with the issue of interviewing and hiring caregivers, but it is a topic of broad appeal.

Thanks,
    GJ

Comment

It's really long, four single space pages, which is why I didn't put it up here initially. But I can try to edit it to post the most salient pieces. In the meantime, if you want the whole enchilada, lemme know!

For those who have asked for it in the last 3 days, I will email it sometime early this coming week to all those who asked for it.

Comment

Ami
        I have PM'd you for the whole enchilada. I would appreciate your sending as soon as possible. Will be interviewing for a caregiver for my Dad and having something to go by would be a big help. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Ask and ye shall receive.

Comment

By way of update, I decided not to post a redacted version here for a variety of reasons, but if anyone would like a copy of it personally, please PM me (remember to include your email address!!) and I'll send it to you. Cheers, Ami

Comment

I know you said the contract is 4 pages long, but is it possible to save document as a PDF and just post the PDF here? Just askin'

All the best,
              GJ

Comment

Live In Caregiver

Hi! I am a registered nurse and have just moved my family in with my elderly father as he has become disabled and can no longer manage for himself. Both my husband and I are in the medical field, so it just seemed like the best thing to do. My father has asked if there is a way his insurance would pay us for his care as they would if we hired an outside source. I have been looking this up and have seen where some are doing just that. I would be interested in seeing your contract if you wouldn't mind emailing it to me. Thanks so much, and if anyone has anything experiences or advise they would like to add I am all ears! Well...eyes in this case!
                Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 06-17-2011, 07:29 PM. Reason: Remove personal e-mail.

Comment

Removed your personal e-mail address. It is unwise to post this on a public forum. You have the e-mail and PM functions turned on, so people can communicate with you this way.

Whether or not family can be paid as caregivers depends upon who the payor is. Most private insurances will not allow this unless you are licensed as or employed by a licensed home health agency, Medicare usually does not pay for this type of care at all, and with Medicaid it depends upon the state.

(KLD)
                  The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Depending on your state you maybe able to do a "relative foster home" The state pays most of it but he will need to contribute most of any SSI/D check or if he has another income.
                    c3/c4, injured 2007

Comment

zillazangel

please send me copy of your contract.

Thanks;

Joe

giambjj
                      Jake's Pop

Comment

Joe, PM me your email address and I'll send it. I cannot attach files to PMs here.

Comment

contract copy

Originally posted by zillazangel View Post

Ami
                          I would like to get a copy of the caregiver contract please. I have never used any site like this & don't really know anything about replying or contacting you. Computer dinosaur here . I don't even know what a PM is, sorry. I saw a post that said not to put a personal email address in the post, so how do I get it to you? Are you even getting this message?
                          Thank you for your time & help.

Comment

Originally posted by YakPat View Post
                            I would like to get a copy of the caregiver contract please. I have never used any site like this & don't really know anything about replying or contacting you. Computer dinosaur here . I don't even know what a PM is, sorry. I saw a post that said not to put a personal email address in the post, so how do I get it to you? Are you even getting this message?
                            Thank you for your time & help.
                            \

Go to the "Notifications" page (top right of this page)
                            Select Send New Message (left side bar)
                            Enter the name of the person you want to send a PM (personal message) to.
                            Enter the subject and text of the message.
                            Click on Submit Message.

If they send you a PM back, you will see that you have a PM waiting for you by a number listed under the "Notifications" tab when you log on.

(KLD)
                            The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Hello,

THANK YOU for your help! I just followed your clear directions & sent my message. Couldn't have done it without your help. THANKS again!

YakPat
                              Last edited by YakPat; 01-06-2015, 11:45 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Working...
                              X