Holiday Bonuses for Caregivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChinaDoll View Post
    or kijiji for a foreign caregiver that is already in your area. Cutting the agency out of my life was the best thing that ever happened to me for my Independence.

When the economy is bad... great news for us looking for caregivers.
    I never heard of kijiji before. Thanks for the tip. I will check it out.

I have managed to loosen some of the agency strings recently. But it hasn't been enough. I wonder about becoming more independent but I think my quality of life would be much higher if I was calling more of the shots instead of the agency. I would also be much happier overall.

I think I will start a new thread for this to see if anybody here would share their experiences with hiring overseas.
    Last edited by orangejello; 11-29-2009, 06:19 PM.

Comment

And I belive a lot of the people from overseas are actually trained RN's who work in Canada as PCA's/LPN's until they have studied to pass the Canadian nursing exams.
      Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Comment

After reading this thread, my caregiver threatened that if I didn't give her a bonus she'd divorce me.
        Rick Goldstein
        GO! Mobility Solutions
        facebook.com/goes.anywhere

Comment

We all live in our private little hell that able bodied persons have no idea about. Being dependent such as we are in an extremely difficult situation emotionally. I recently terminated an employee who thought she had me boxed in very tight and sought to abuse the relationship. I plotted the replacement and when it went down it was ugly. I had to fight off a small claims case and dept of labor claims of abuse. Thus far, the dept of labor put her in her place, to my relief, and the small claims case was settled cheaply (for nuisance purposes).

She may be regrouping for another assault, but as time goes on since dept of labor dismissal with no appeal notice in the mail, I think she is running out of weapons and realized that she milked me as much as she could. I hope.

She needed money for supporting herself and xmas, but didn't understand human relationships. This is called emotional intelligence. Many folks don't have it. We need to work at it much more than others.

Comment

Working...
          X