Texas CDS Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CJ'S-MOM View Post
    Reedyd I just sent you a PM on this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    CJ'S-MOM
    ELAINE
    Call me I left you my number I am never too busy to share what I know
    about this. Texas is a big place there has too be more seeking advice.

Comment

This can be a medicaide waiver program

Comment

Originally posted by reedyd View Post
        Trying to get out information about the CDS option in Texas. Texas Residents on Primary Care, CBA, or CLASS are eligible.
        Please let me know if you need more information ?

http://www.dads.state.tx.us/providers/CDS/
        I am on this program and I am on the CBA program...What is the highest you can pay them minus the taxes if you are approved for $10.86 an hour? The current company I am using pays $8.50 then takes taxes out of that. I have called several company and they all give different answers. $9.00,$9.20,$9.50,$10.50...

Thanks , Donnie

Comment

If you are approved for 10.86 about 9.00 would probably be tops maybe a few cents more. You can figure your bookkeeper will get about a 1.00 per hour. You can always check and see how much extra money you have accumulated for bonuses & expenses aids always appreciate a bonus.

hope this helps

David

Comment

HELP!!! Son about to age out of Medicaid

Hello all I am SOOOOOOO thankful to find this forum.

My son is 20, turns 21 in April. He has CP, is on an infant level due to birth injury. He has seizures, kidney reflux, on ventilator most of day, feeding tube etc. He receives 126 hours of nursing through Medicaid.

He will age out of the Medicaid nursing and I am told can get CBA or CLASS (we have) nursing. BUT...they will send a nurse out and SHE will determine how many hours he needs. I need all the hours I have now. Will they really cut his hours or can we decide what we need at all?

I am told that due to his condition his budget is over $100,000 should we go to CBA, only around $63,000 with CLASS.

Does anyone have a similar situation and what are your experiences so far with these programs? I dont know what to do and I am scared.

Thanks,

Rachelle

Comment

Are you in Texas? Unable to tell from your profile. These programs vary widely by state. Have you talked to anyone at your local Regional Center or ILC?

(KLD)
              The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I am in Texas on CLASS write me. I have been on CBA also. Thanks David

Comment

CLASS Program

Our son's name just came up on the list and we have decided to switch from MDCP to CLASS. They have told me that they will only pay for attendants to care for him because he recieves skilled nursing hours through CCP. What are my options with this program? I live way out in the country that I know I won't be able to keep a consistent attendant at attendant pay. My son requires lots of medical attention and intervention and I was really hoping they would continue the hours for skilled nursing like MDCP did. Same agency and everything. Is there anyone familiar with this situation that can fill in a rookie about the in's and out's of CLASS? Thanks. JC

Comment

I am a quad and have been on CLASS and CDS for several years here in Texas. I have lived in the boonies and now in Fort Worth. So if I can be of any help let me know.

David

Comment

My son is 20, 21 in April. He will be "aging out" and I am TERRIFIED of what changes await us. My son is on a ventilator, tube fed, seizures, on about a 6 month old level and requires constant care. I am afraid they'll knock our 18 hours a day nursing through CCP down to 8 hours or so through CBA.

Have any of you had any good experiences with this issue? Any advice?

And also, are they doing away with these programs?

Thanks.

Rachelle

Comment

What kind of hours do you get? Any problems with the HMO's they are sticking everyone with to "manage" their care?

We are in North Texas by the way.

Originally posted by jengirl View Post
                        Love love love this program!!! Chose your own providers and great flexibility.

Texas kicks a$$!!

Comment

Cba in tx help!!!!

Checking in again. So my son was put at a SE2 with trach level in CBA. BUT he only gets 11 or 12 hours of nursing and NO attendant care, that is 12 hours less per day. A child that is also on a vent and trach who's mother I am just getting acquainted with has same nursing hours but also has 41.5 hours of attendant care per week. I can't get an answer as to why if they think he needs such detailed, skilled care do they not give him more hours? It's not fair that another kid gets more hours than we do and the same except he can voice his needs a little more. HELP!!!

Also, can a person be on CLASS and CBA??

Thanks,
                          Rachelle

I am in Texas on CLASS write me. I have been on CBA also. Thanks David

Comment

Originally posted by jlc View Post
                            Our son's name just came up on the list and we have decided to switch from MDCP to CLASS. They have told me that they will only pay for attendants to care for him because he recieves skilled nursing hours through CCP. What are my options with this program? I live way out in the country that I know I won't be able to keep a consistent attendant at attendant pay. My son requires lots of medical attention and intervention and I was really hoping they would continue the hours for skilled nursing like MDCP did. Same agency and everything. Is there anyone familiar with this situation that can fill in a rookie about the in's and out's of CLASS? Thanks. JC
                            I am on CCP and Class w my son. The CLASS program told me the program can't come close to covering the care he needs. He now gets 126 hours of nursing per week through ccp and 40 hours a week attendant care. And he'll go down to 12 with CBA. Not sure CLASS can help you completely depending on your situation.

Comment

If you are approved for 10.86 about 9.00 would probably be tops maybe a few cents more. You can figure your bookkeeper will get about a 1.00 per hour. You can always check and see how much extra money you have accumulated for bonuses & expenses aids always appreciate a bonus.

hope this helps

David
                              With a vent and trach patient, can an attendant be a parent or sister in law, both of which have been helping w/ care (SIL paid through CLASS) when in the CBA program? They are telling me no, but yet someone else i know in same level of care situation IS doing it. I am soooo frustrated. We can't live w/ just 12 hours help, we need our attendant care.

Comment

I am not sure about the who you can hire part. I can try to find out more if you want?

Comment

Working...
                                X