No announcement yet.

Dad took him away again today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so sorry you had to do that. My 17-year-old sister had gone through detox and rehab a year and a half ago and just recently went to my mom and admitted that she had been using again. They sent her back to detox but not rehab again yet. She has to stick with a very strict schedule of seeing a counselor and stuff. I hope this time she makes it without relapsing. Her first time in rehab she was only 16.
    But the worst part about the whole situation is he admitted to my mom that my 21-year-old sister has been using also. Of course she would never come clean and tell us, but my mom pushed her to try to get it out of her, never confronting her about it so that she doesn't turn on her sister. I guess we'll see what happens.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Comment

updated

My son was accepted into a intensive treatment program 3 days ago. He has been in a transitional holding facility since I last posted. He had to endure portapotty in open view....nonworking shower and his locker broken into. All bad treatment. Horrible. Sinful. He begged to come home we said no. With over 30 days in he would have 2 start process again.
      Through many phone calls & e-mails we finaly got the right person to advocate. Their socialworkers are so overloaded they become ineffective. Do not stop trying if you need help. I know frustration tries to win...don't let it. For strength I prayed and visited this site..over & over.
      Sorry if this sounds bad but I'm glad it was a horrible expierience for him. I told him that he should admit this was his lowest point and he agreed. He stuck with it. On Tue. Mike called to say this new place is "Paradise" and he is grateful to be there. He also said he loves me.

Comment

That's very good news. Hopefully this is a turning point in his life.

Good for you for not backing down.

Comment

What good news! Thanks for the update.

Keeping you, Mike and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Comment

I just read this thread and wanted to say that my prayers are with you and your son.

Sieg

Comment

Working...
            X