No announcement yet.

Support assistance

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Support assistance

    My daughter is currently getting 42 hours of home care. She will be relocating to Chevy Chase Maryland. She currently is getting some assistance with the cost of her care. I was wondering if there is assistance with the cost of attendant care and where I could find that information.

    42 hours a week or 42 hours a month?

    Is she currently on Medicaid and getting her homecare through a state funded program because she is on Medicaid, or is this from a private pay or private insurance?

    Every state's program is different. You can find some information from other members here, or from the ILC (CIL) near where she will be moving. Keep in mind that getting approved for hours and getting actual PCAs (either privately hired or through an agency) may be two different issues.

    Is she going to school? If so, the Disabled Students Center at the university or college may have some information about this. Check these resources out too:

    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.