green card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

green card

There's a person we'd like to hire as an aide, but she doesn't have a green card yet. She's been approved for one since 2001. Is there any way to speed up the process and get her card issued?

Alan

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Alan, this does not sound right. If she actually has a green card application in place, she can apply for a temporary work permit until it is obtained, but it would not take this long once the green card is approved.

You might want to do some reading on the INS website on this. I found this information about green cards:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/legpermres.htm

Of course you can take a risk and hire her without it, but if the INS finds her not only will you loose your attendant but you could be fined (and if you ever want to run for President or be appointed to the Supreme Court, you could be in trouble!!! [img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img])

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

my friend is from romania, and he too has been waiting years for his green card. he is able to work with a permit though. check into it lihe teh nurse said. i am sure she is eligible to work if she has her ducks in a row.

****MORE OHIO CC RAGE INFO COMING SOON!****

Comment

We don't want to do anything illegal. I don't know why she can't get the green card issued.

Alan

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"
        Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Comment

You can contact your representative and explain the situation. When I had an issue that was somewhat similar I contacted Congresswoman Jane Harman and she went "to bat for me."

Good luck.

PN
          The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
          --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
          ––Paul Nussbaum
          usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
          X